[2011-May-23] zach is unoriginal

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: [2011-May-23] zach is unoriginal

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Sahan wrote:I did the same thing, when I thought I had stumbled upon band-name pun gold with Apocalipstick, but then google showed me I was quite late to the party.
This happened with me username here.
Upon search (after having used this username for a number of months) I found out that a band had this name (albeit a relatively local name).
Since then (I think), Boondocks used it as a name for a fictional rapper on the show (maybe the 'toon as well).

genisage

Post by genisage »

He took a simple idea that already existed (whether he was aware of it or not doesn't really matter) and created a new idea from it. I hate to break it to you, but that's actually how creativity works. There's no such thing as completely original ideas, it's all just people building on what's come before.
I'm aware that's how creativity (usually) works. I thought that given the title of the thread (i.e. zach is unoriginal) you folks would recognize that my post was not meant to be a slight against Zach's considerable creative talents, but to point out, as you said, that his idea was not completely original. I happened to notice that the idea for the day's comic had been used before, and thought that this thread seemed like the right place to point that out.
You know what? Maybe when people tell us how unoriginal Zach is, we should link to the millions of other people who've said the same thing. To show them how original they are, yes?
It seems like it should be pretty clear to anybody posting in a thread called "zach is unoriginal" that they were not the first to notice his work occasion contains themes that existed before he used them. So your idea seems a bit redundant to me. My goal was not to be original, I mistakenly assumed that this thread was meant for posts similar to mine.

Y'all take things pretty seriously for members of a forum based on a comic made up largely of dick jokes.

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

Aw snap! Did (s)he just incite rule 12-2?
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I'd like to challenge the notion that SMBC is comprised largely of dick jokes. In fact I would go so far as to say that very few SMBC comics can be called a dick joke.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

We take our dick jokes seriously o'er 'ere, stranger.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I'd like to challenge the notion that SMBC is comprised largely of jokes. In fact I would go so far as to say that very few SMBC comics can be called a joke.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Edminster wrote:I'd like to hurf notion durf SMBC is not funny durf herf der. I would herf derf de SMBC derp called a joke.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I wish I could open that. Cmooooon uncap net plox...
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.