[2011-May-23] zach is unoriginal

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Re: zach is unoriginal [2011-May-23]

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I just mean it's gettin' a bit old, happenin' a bit too often!
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

It's not fresh or exciting anymore.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

weinerequalsmunroe

Post by weinerequalsmunroe »

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

We... we already discussed that one.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

voodooKobra

Post by voodooKobra »

weinerequalsmunroe wrote:http://xkcd.com/610/
OpineHub - A website for the highly opinionated.
A brothel for mathematicians would have to be named "...Minus Mu over Sigma." Why? Because that is what would follow... Sex-bar.

Eikinkloster

Re: #2254 [2011-May-23]

Post by Eikinkloster »

Kaharz wrote:Look at him, just standing there with a can of gasoline and a match...

I imagine both comics were inspired by the same not so difficult to make observation. Most people think they are unique and superior to the majority of other people.
So... only a minority (such as yourself) know they aren't unique and superior to the majority of the other people.
Then again, wouldn't that make you unique and superior to the majority of the other people?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

No I am in the majority. I know I am not unique or superior to most people while at the same time I often believe I am unique and superior. Humans don't operate logically. People can be, and often are, both insecure and falsely confident.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Cognitive dissonance!

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Apocalyptus wrote:Cognitive dissonance!

I solve all my cognitive dissonance problems by bribing myself. Induced compliance is super effective. It is much easier than actually trying to sort it out mentally.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Eikinkloster

Post by Eikinkloster »

Kaharz wrote:No I am in the majority. I know I am not unique or superior to most people while at the same time I often believe I am unique and superior. Humans don't operate logically. People can be, and often are, both insecure and falsely confident.
In my experience most people are empathizers, they derive their sense of cognitive equilibrium a lot more from being in tune with the majority than from the internal coherence the ideas; which is how systemizers do it. So most people probably *don't* feel most other people feel isolated from the crowd and wishing the crowd were more introspective. In fact, most people identify introspection as a defect to be corrected.

XKCD and SMBC is nerdcentric, and nerds are systemizers. The scenario in this comic only begins to make sense in such a context in which people can have an intuitive grasp of what a systemizer majority could be. Ironically, it seems to work because most nerds can't take this extra step and notice the comic is a troll.

So the real scenario in a crowd of (XKCD and SMBC) nerds would be a bunch of people thinking "LOL, I bet there are a lot of people here thinking they are the only ones who are really self aware" and only one thinking "damn nerds, unaware that they are in fact the only ones that are self aware".

Solipsism probably only really comes with this "self awareness of the second order".
Ignorance is bliss.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Eikinkloster wrote:Ignorance is bliss.
You must be the happiest motherfucker on the face of this planet.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Eikinkloster wrote:
Kaharz wrote:No I am in the majority. I know I am not unique or superior to most people while at the same time I often believe I am unique and superior. Humans don't operate logically. People can be, and often are, both insecure and falsely confident.
In my experience most people are empathizers, they derive their sense of cognitive equilibrium a lot more from being in tune with the majority than from the internal coherence the ideas; which is how systemizers do it. So most people probably *don't* feel most other people feel isolated from the crowd and wishing the crowd were more introspective. In fact, most people identify introspection as a defect to be corrected.

XKCD and SMBC is nerdcentric, and nerds are systemizers. The scenario in this comic only begins to make sense in such a context in which people can have an intuitive grasp of what a systemizer majority could be. Ironically, it seems to work because most nerds can't take this extra step and notice the comic is a troll.

So the real scenario in a crowd of (XKCD and SMBC) nerds would be a bunch of people thinking "LOL, I bet there are a lot of people here thinking they are the only ones who are really self aware" and only one thinking "damn nerds, unaware that they are in fact the only ones that are self aware".

Solipsism probably only really comes with this "self awareness of the second order".
Ignorance is bliss.
I am far too drunk right now to parse this. So, to be safe, I disagree on principle.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

He's just saying shit, ignore him.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Eikinkloster

Post by Eikinkloster »

DonRetrasado wrote:He's just saying shit, ignore him.
And this is the price of being actually unique.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Lots of people are actually unique. You're not, you're just a pain.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.