[2011-May-26] What is the street value of a naked old man?

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Quintushalls

[2011-May-26] What is the street value of a naked old man?

Post by Quintushalls »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2257

I'd pay $50 for him. I'd make him do Vaudeville acts for my amusement.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Re: What is the street value of a naked old man? [2011-May-2

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Are we going to do this for every fucking comic? 'Cause this is incredilame
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:Are we going to do this for every fucking comic? 'Cause this is incredilame
I kind of agree. While there has been good discussion for some, some have just been pretty useless. Not that I would give up on the project, we just don't need a thread for every comic for it to be successful.

ianterrell

Post by ianterrell »

Regarding the small new announcement following the comic: I have it on good authority that due to homonymous confusion, many residents of color from San Francisco and surrounding locales rather dislike the term "Bay areans."

voodooKobra

Post by voodooKobra »

ianterrell wrote:Regarding the small new announcement following the comic: I have it on good authority that due to homonymous confusion, many residents of color from San Francisco and surrounding locales rather dislike the term "Bay areans."
Hahahaha. Aryans. I get it.
OpineHub - A website for the highly opinionated.
A brothel for mathematicians would have to be named "...Minus Mu over Sigma." Why? Because that is what would follow... Sex-bar.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

ianterrell wrote:Regarding the small new announcement following the comic: I have it on good authority that due to homonymous confusion, many residents of color from San Francisco and surrounding locales rather dislike the term "Bay areans."
I think it is hilarious and should be the only way people from SF are referred to. I know a bunch of people from there and they always just say they are from the city. Even when they come to visit on the east coast, if someone asks them where they are from they almost without fail respond, "the city." It doesn't matter to them that they are 3000 miles from the city they mean, as far as they are concerned, it is the only city worth mentioning.

Many of them also apparently hate it when you call it Frisco or SF.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

theecube

Post by theecube »

thumbs up for "bay areans"

And actually, we all say "SF" (yes, many do say 'the city' but, growing up in various big cities, I realize that's pretty silly). Tips to piss off an SF native: use "frisco," "san fran," or stand on the left side of the escalator.

Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

theecube wrote:thumbs up for "bay areans"

And actually, we all say "SF" (yes, many do say 'the city' but, growing up in various big cities, I realize that's pretty silly). Tips to piss off an SF native: use "frisco," "san fran," or stand on the left side of the escalator.
How do you feel about DannyTannerLand?
When the going gets tough, the tough get lonely sometimes.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

This format seems to facilitate more people coming the forums to post, causing a greater number of insights and allowing further discussion. The question of it being "latest" while having a thread for individual comics that could be revisited months later is a tad suspect though.
Sanjay wrote:

How do you feel about DannyTannerLand?
OHSHI-
I should never have doubted you man.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Street value of an old man is a lot according to that lemon picture.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Sadly the value was deflated after they started pumping that image everywhere.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Quintushalls

Post by Quintushalls »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:Are we going to do this for every fucking comic? 'Cause this is incredilame
Image So not into buying and trading old people, huh?

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

The people I know must just be especially snobby. They would usually let 'SF' pass without comment, but I got in the habit of using frisco and san fran just to see their outrage. They also realized saying 'the city' was silly, especially when not near SF, and would make jokes about it. But they still did it all the time.

What the hell is with pedestrians in SF by the way? Baltimore has a bad reputation in the area for people jaywalking without looking, but in SF I had to actually wait for jaywalkers to finish the conversation they were having in the middle of the street before I could proceed on my way.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

You could try not waiting.
Bet they get the idea pretty quick.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Then I would have to kill all the witnesses, and then all the witnesses to those murders and so on. In the end you just end up barricaded in some office building taking pot shots at the police. It would just end in tear gas.