[2010-Dec-11] An Inconclusive Truth

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Re: An Inconclusive Truth [2010 December 11]

Post by Gangler »

Goddamn I wish I were as cool as you. My asthma's never been too bad so I just call up a member of my asthma ridden family once in a blue moon when it's needed. I am losing nerd cred by the gallons by not owning one of my own. I hope no one finds out I've got excellent eyesight. I could get exiled to mainstreamhood.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, I haven't touched my inhaler in almost 10 years. I guess I just grew out of the phase :(
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I haven't had an inhaler since high school, though seeing as how my asthma still acts up this is probably a mistake.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

Depends on how bad the asthma troubles you and how expensive it would be to obtain an inhaler really. I assume you're doing alright. Not losing any jobs because you couldn't make it to the interview or anything?
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Now I feel like an invalid. I have three puffers, one I keep beside my bed, one with the dog walking stuff, and one in my everywhere else bag. I also take a preventative every morning and night.

Now if only I knew anything about math I could probably pull this nerd thing off...
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Gangler wrote:Depends on how bad the asthma troubles you and how expensive it would be to obtain an inhaler really. I assume you're doing alright. Not losing any jobs because you couldn't make it to the interview or anything?
Oh yeah, it's never too serious these days or I would have an inhaler. Mostly it just tends to act up a bit when it's really dry or after being exposed to a lot of dust. But yeah, it's not currently bad enough that it's making life difficult for me.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:
Gangler wrote:Depends on how bad the asthma troubles you and how expensive it would be to obtain an inhaler really. I assume you're doing alright. Not losing any jobs because you couldn't make it to the interview or anything?
Oh yeah, it's never too serious these days or I would have an inhaler. Mostly it just tends to act up a bit when it's really dry or after being exposed to a lot of dust. But yeah, it's not currently bad enough that it's making life difficult for me.
You have exposed your weakness. Mwahahahahahahahaha!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Side question: Does anyone recall if any of the nerds in the Big Bang Theory use a puffer? It seems like a pretty strong cliche to ignore if they don't.
King Prawn

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Kimra wrote:Side question: Does anyone recall if any of the nerds in the Big Bang Theory use a puffer? It seems like a pretty strong cliche to ignore if they don't.
I vaguely remember at least one of them using an inhaler or at least inhaler jokes being made. I haven't seen the show in a while. I was watching it on DVD, and there are long gaps between each season being released.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Kimra wrote:Now if only I knew anything about math I could probably pull this nerd thing off...
There's a huge difference between a mathematician and a maths lover.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...