Page 1 of 2

[2011-Jun-23] Reality TV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:10 pm
by Astrogirl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2285

I am not sure I get the joke (besides "Reality TV is stupid"). We are all in a lab?

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:31 pm
by ChaoticBrain
Personally, I think that if they were watching him via hidden camera instead, it would give it a seriously meta edge.

Anyhoo, how bout those webcomics?

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:37 pm
by GUTCHUCKER
The lab is a generic setup for jokes that satirise social behaviour in scientifically-minded webcomics.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 pm
by RoqueRolan
Listen, the joke is that you are in an expiriment, and YOU are the only one who watches reality TV. This implies that you are seriously screwed up.

(Please either think about these jokes beforehand, or... or go to school or something, your critical thinking skills are slightly lacking.)

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 pm
by DonRetrasado
Nah man, I'm not 100% this joke does make sense.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 pm
by Edminster
i feel like i have stepped in to a bizarro mirror world where it's the regulars sperging about how the comic isn't funny while the chatboxers insist it's just a joke


the weirdest part is that the regulars are still right

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:17 pm
by I am I think
Uhm, I was gonna post, then I wasn't but then I ended up posting and I still don't think there is truth

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
by Oldrac the Chitinous
Edminster wrote:i feel like i have stepped in to a bizarro mirror world where it's the regulars sperging about how the comic isn't funny while the chatboxers insist it's just a joke


the weirdest part is that the regulars are still right

They're not mutually exclusive, y'know.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:19 am
by Lethal Interjection
DonRetrasado wrote:Nah man, I'm not 100% this joke does make sense.

I agree.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 am
by Astrogirl
RoqueRolan wrote:Please either think about these jokes beforehand, or... or go to school or something, your critical thinking skills are slightly lacking.

Please either think about before posting a comment or go to school or something, your manners are seriously lacking.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:57 am
by Edminster
Astrogirl wrote:
RoqueRolan wrote:Please either think about these jokes beforehand, or... or go to school or something, your critical thinking skills are slightly lacking.

Please either think about before posting a comment or go to school or something, your manners are seriously lacking.

Please either think about not getting offended over something that literally cannot harm you in any way or go to school or something, your skin is ridiculously thin.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 pm
by Oldrac the Chitinous
I like picking fights with Astrogirl as much as the next guy*, but I think it's reasonable to expect some level of courtesy out of the riffraff that show up here to broadcast their opinions about stuff.

*This is a lie. I have things I want to get done this month.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 pm
by Astrogirl
Edminster wrote:Please either think about not getting offended over something that literally cannot harm you in any way or go to school or something, your skin is ridiculously thin.

-500 ethics points
+500 asshole points

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:I like picking fights with Astrogirl as much as the next guy*, but I think it's reasonable to expect some level of courtesy out of the riffraff that show up here to broadcast their opinions about stuff.

*This is a lie. I have things I want to get done this month.

Yep.

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:15 pm
by smiley_cow
In Astro's defense this person seems pretty offended over a pretty innocuous thing. Though personally I find the best way to deal with douches like that is just ignore them. Don't feed the trolls; it'll only lead to them burrowing into your tent to steal your food.*

*Trolls are like a kind of raccoon, right?

Re: Reality TV [2011-Jun-23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 pm
by Edminster
Astrogirl wrote:-500 ethics points
+500 asshole points

not my ethics points noooo Image