[2011-Jul-12]

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Liiw

[2011-Jul-12]

Post by Liiw »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2304

I remember something like that from Fallout3- people worshipping a big atomic bomb that lay in the center of Megaton. Did not catch the jello and cakes part there though :D

I like it. I like postapocalyptic stuff.

gavin
A Disappointment.

Re: 12.07.11

Post by gavin »

Liiw wrote:I remember something like that from Fallout3- people worshipping a big atomic bomb that lay in the center of Megaton. Did not catch the jello and cakes part there though :D

I like it. I like postapocalyptic stuff.
Yeah, it was in Megaton, typically the first city you come to. For some reason I found religious undertones (as far as expressing the damage that has been done in the name of god) in the comic but I'm sure that's reading into it too much. It is what it is.
;-)

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Church_of ... en_of_Atom

I've never disarmed it. I always detonate the fucker from Tenpenny Tower and enjoy the spectickle.

LINK TO ORIGINAL COMIC FOR POSTERITY, SEEING AS MY SUGGESTION DIDN'T GO UNIGNORED
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Post by Guest »

more typical judaic religion-bashing

tsk tsk tsk

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

Guest wrote:more typical judaic religion-bashing

tsk tsk tsk
I read through it a second time, I think I just read into it the first time.
;-)

Me

Post by Me »

So can anyone explain this comics?
does the Jelly imply soylent green and that the guy will be eaten if he doesn't worship?
is the fact they do have food makes him want to impress them?
is the jelly made by the bomb somehow?

DerpDerp

Post by DerpDerp »

I THINK it's because they now get to eat snack/desert foods for dinner? I'm not positive though, but thats the impression I got when I read it.

Trout Fucker

Post by Trout Fucker »

Felstaff wrote:I've never disarmed it. I always detonate the fucker from Tenpenny Tower and enjoy the spectickle.
Yeah, I did too. And then your Dad is all "son, I am so disappoint in you".
I also slaughtered those filthy ghouls.

also

snack cakes = fancy lad's snack cakes?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

DerpDerp wrote:I THINK it's because they now get to eat snack/desert foods for dinner? I'm not positive though, but thats the impression I got when I read it.
I think this is right. I think some others may be reading a little to much into it. It isn't very funny.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

otis12

Re: [2011-Jul-12]

Post by otis12 »

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. framed Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.