[2011-Jul-19] Those boys most likely gang raped that teache

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Concerned Parent

[2011-Jul-19] Those boys most likely gang raped that teache

Post by Concerned Parent »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2311

Is this what passes for humour? Gang rape is not funny no matter how many statistics you make (9/10 haha, very funny FOR A RAPIST).

I say we call for a boycott until Zach realises the error of his ways.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: (19 July 2011) Those boys most likely gang raped that te

Post by Edminster »

Concerned Parent wrote:I say we call for a boycott until Zach is funny again.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DuckReconMajor

Post by DuckReconMajor »

solve forse x?

this is how zach lost his virginidy
:M BIRD LOL

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Concerned Parent wrote:I say we call for a boycott until Zach realises the error of his ways.
You're name implies your children read this. Why else would the fact that you are a parent be brought up? In which case, shame on you for letting a kid read this comic. Maybe it's tame now, but it has certainly had it's fair share of un-kid-friendly-ness.

I also agree though that this comic was a wtf moment. I'm not even able to grasp all the levels in which it's wrong. Mostly though, her response, and their assumption are the problem.*

On the other hand, humour is often about pushing boundaries, and sometimes that will topple you off onto the wrong side of things. Shit happens, get over it.

*why yes, yes I am saying it's unrealistic. A comic strip, unrealistic? I should be shot for even mentioning it.
King Prawn

Temnyi

Post by Temnyi »

I was going to leave it be and let someone else that's already registered point out my problem with this comic, but the discussion so far has me needing to respond.

Gang rape, really? Do you think she'd let it get that far? She's in a school, most of them have officers on duty during school hours, you know. The votey just reinforces that to me-- The boy makes a crude joke, but it's not going to get past that.

Anyway, what I wanted to say? No wonder she can't get the boys to do algebra, her problems are horrible! X in the listed problem is 1.411764706, which is not the kind of expected answer given how simple the terms are. And if it's about simply simplifying the terms (hardy har har), x should be relatively easy to solve if you remember to simplify.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

As someone who is, in general, 100% okay with breaking taboo for humour's sake... it just wasn't that funny. It's got all of the cleverness of the sex jokes you tell in middle school (like "I was the guy in the fridge!" or "now it's your turn in the barrel!") where the punchline is "sexy times happened". It's just weak.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

nr22

Post by nr22 »

My problem with the comic is that the first half and the second half aren't really connected.
I thought the punchline will look something like this
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2163#comic

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

nr22 just register a goddamn account already you post enough for it to make sense
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

chkwolek

Post by chkwolek »

I didn't really see it as being a precursor to gang rape; my gripe with it is that the entire algebra class seems to be populated only by heterosexual males.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

chkwolek wrote:I didn't really see it as being a precursor to gang rape; my gripe with it is that the entire algebra class seems to be populated only by heterosexual males.
four minutes this person could not wait to postpostpost

gödel stop spreading fud

NR22

Post by NR22 »

Edminster wrote:nr22 just register a goddamn account already you post enough for it to make sense
Happy now?
and I had an activated account but after a while it stopped working.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

NR22 wrote:
Edminster wrote:nr22 just register a goddamn account already you post enough for it to make sense
Happy now?
and I had an activated account but after a while it stopped working.
It is awe-inspiring how much happier I am. Also odds are the old account stopped working because it got caught in the zero-post-account purge.

gödel stop spreading fud

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Zach, if you are reading this: I am disappoint.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

To play the devil's advocate, I don't think the idea was that the kids wanted to gang rape their teacher, I think they were just horny teenage boys. Not the funniest joke, but not exactly offensive either.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

The idea that sex actually got paid out isn't implied here. It's just a joke that boys that age will do anything for sex and that her husband is a dick. Not Zach's most creative work ever, but it isn't his worst either. What else am I supposed to expect for a comic put out every day?
;-)