[2011-Jul-19] Those boys most likely gang raped that teache

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Re: (19 July 2011) Those boys most likely gang raped that te

Post by Apocalyptus »

Not awesome enough, then.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Maybe it's an ironic nickname?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I don't blame him, I haven't read most of the thread either.
Or have I? I do not even know.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

MatthewMc

Post by MatthewMc »

It is a humorous comic strip. This comic was no exception, stop looking for additional meaning, those boy did not 'most likely gang rape that teacher'. As the comic is the creation of Zach Weiner only he knows what would have happend next... and I doubt he had teacher gang rape on the brain.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

What are you talking about? It's not "additional meaning", that's what happens. That's what the comic was about. A bunch of kids raping their teacher. Also, it was not funny. Also, "only the artist knows what he intended with his creation" is always the lousiest excuse. The artist's intentions might not be visible but the piece of art should sure as hell stand on its own.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Yeah, I have to say, I'm sure Zach's intention wasn't gang rape, and I'm sure a lot of people didn't read this comic and think gang rape, but going and looking at it, I can see why people are seeing that. And shockingly, I know, rape is one of those things that actually affects a lot of people. What's that quoted state? 1 in 6 women have either been raped or experienced attempted rape? So unsurprisingly it tends to be a sensitive subject.

Then again, I think I may just have a low tolerance for people who like to cry "This hasn't had the negative effect of me as it did on others. How dare they even mention it!"

Also rapey or not, it really wasn't a very funny comic.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I wonder how many men have experienced rape/attempted rape? That statistic never seems to be mentioned

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: (19 July 2011) Those boys most likely wanted a cake

Post by Kimra »

Mostly because they can't be sure. Men are much less likely to report the situation. We have had great discussions about it.

edit: not that we can't again!
King Prawn

Concerned Poster

Post by Concerned Poster »

Most replied to subject. Boo ya!

Time for a celebration rape!

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Concerned Poster wrote:Most replied to subject. Boo ya!
no i am pretty sure there are threads here that have more replies than this one
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:I wonder how many men have experienced rape/attempted rape? That statistic never seems to be mentioned
I've found it somewhere before, though I can't remember exactly what it was. which is why I didn't post it, but it was higher than I expected. Most were child abuse cases, I think.

But I do know off the top of my head that men make up about 9% of rape survivors. Women on the other hand make up about 91% of rape survivors, so that's probably why they tend to be the focus.

And Kimra's right, men are much less likely to report rape than women are. But only about 16% or rape cases are ever reported anyways, so it's underreported in both sexes.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:
Concerned Poster wrote:Most replied to subject. Boo ya!
no i am pretty sure there are threads here that have more replies than this one
Obviously. There are few that have had as many ridiculous replies which circularly discuss the same baseless nonsense.
smiley_cow wrote:
GUTCHUCKER wrote:I wonder how many men have experienced rape/attempted rape? That statistic never seems to be mentioned
I've found it somewhere before, though I can't remember exactly what it was. which is why I didn't post it, but it was higher than I expected. Most were child abuse cases, I think.

But I do know off the top of my head that men make up about 9% of rape survivors. Women on the other hand make up about 91% of rape survivors, so that's probably why they tend to be the focus.

And Kimra's right, men are much less likely to report rape than women are. But only about 16% or rape cases are ever reported anyways, so it's underreported in both sexes.
Also the definitions are a little more difficult, I'd imagine.
Because if it is not anal rape, then it necessarily (biologically) falls into the "willing but not really" categories (probably mostly inebriation related). And these are the most under-reported or at least taken less seriously.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Maybe men are just less likely to survive rape

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: (19 July 2011) Those boys most likely asked for hugs

Post by Kimra »

Did you know that rape does not exist in Australian law. Therefore that any sexual assault on a male or female is illegal. Penetration is not required, hell getting off isn't required. It just has to be assault of any kind in a sexual manner. I'm kind of afraid of your laws lethal, they sound uncomplicated and easy to get around.
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Canadian law doesn't define rape either. We have 3 levels of sexual assault depending on how physical harm was done. As for academic definitions or rape, usually it's defined by not being consensual, not by what type of sex was done. So I'm not exactly sure what Lethal was referring to. Maybe UK law definitions? They legally require penetration to be called rape.