Page 1 of 1

[2011-Aug-25] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm
by ChaoticBrain
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2348#comic

I would have said, "All creatures with souls go to heaven," and leave it at that. Cue Sally philosophizing about the nature of a soul, and whether dogs or even humans have them.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm
by Sahan

I still love this old take on this discussion by the Simpsons.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:42 pm
by Quintushalls
In that one panel, where he turns around and sees the grave, I thought it was the girl that was dead and he was just trying to find a way to deal with it...until the next panel and reading the grave.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:57 pm
by Nathanyel
There is a Meme heaven, but no hell. The bad ones just get resurrected every day.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm
by Quintushalls
Go to the wrong heaven and it might be hell.

Image


Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:50 pm
by Sarck
The flaw in the logic is that the turning point is "Idea Heaven". The obvious problem being, ideas can't die.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 pm
by smiley_cow
Today's made me giggle.

Sahan wrote: [youtube video]
I still love this old take on this discussion by the Simpsons.


Growing up at Sunday school and bible camp, this is actually what we were told, pretty consistently. I think I prefer the ancient Celts who let everything have a soul.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 am
by Lethal Interjection
Sarck wrote:The flaw in the logic is that the turning point is "Idea Heaven". The obvious problem being, ideas can't die.

But I can sure kill them.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 am
by DonRetrasado
smiley_cow wrote:Today's made me giggle.

Sahan wrote: [youtube video]
I still love this old take on this discussion by the Simpsons.


Growing up at Sunday school and bible camp, this is actually what we were told, pretty consistently. I think I prefer the ancient Celts who let everything have a soul.

Wow, someone did pay attention to religion class.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:47 am
by Mark
Sarck wrote:The flaw in the logic is that the turning point is "Idea Heaven". The obvious problem being, ideas can't die.


Ideas can die, we just can't know that they are dead.

Re: [8-25-11] Puppy Heaven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:04 am
by Ser Carter
smiley_cow wrote: I think I prefer the ancient Celts who let everything have a soul.


What about the gingers?

When he referenced both living things and viruses in the same panel I almost raged quit until I realized where he was going with that. Ugh.