[2011-Oct-09] Microneurontarians

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Guest without a retractable beard

Re: [2011-Oct-09] Microneurontarians

Post by Guest without a retractable beard »

For Canadians who think they're safe by purchasing organic chicken or buying chicken raised without the use of antibiotics, Marketplace turned up results in its sampling that might surprise those consumers, too.
Uh huh. And what are these results? Why aren't they being shared?

That's nothing short of scare-mongering.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

HungryHippo wrote:I was being lazy, sue me. Here's your ever so important source:
En outre, la période de transition vers le biologique peut affecter les rendements et entraîner
des pertes à court terme pour le producteur. Par exemple, des baisses de rendements allant
jusqu’à de 50 % et plus ont été observées lors de la première année après l’arrêt de l’utilisation
des fertilisants de synthèse (Patriquin et coll. 1986).
That's an in-line citation, not a source. Thanks for playing.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

The blunt truth of the matter is, people are still missing the bigger picture. There is a much greater threat than antibiotic resistance that needs to be addressed; heat-resistant bacteria. People need to stop cooking their chickens!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

smiley_cow wrote:And yet I still manage to avoid using phrases like 'please don't use x as it makes me fucking hate you.' and laughing because the article the person I disagree with linked contradicts a point I imagined they made.
Erm...
Sorry smiley, I didn't actually read your post. I was ranting at nobody in particular.
Edit: The laughter wasn't aimed at you either. I wrote without consideration and acted like an asshole, with the unfortunate addition that I skipped over ethical concerns such as the suffering of animals, which I don't care about. My humble apologies.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Edminster wrote:
HungryHippo wrote:I was being lazy, sue me. Here's your ever so important source:
En outre, la période de transition vers le biologique peut affecter les rendements et entraîner
des pertes à court terme pour le producteur. Par exemple, des baisses de rendements allant
jusqu’à de 50 % et plus ont été observées lors de la première année après l’arrêt de l’utilisation
Better luck next time.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:And yet I still manage to avoid using phrases like 'please don't use x as it makes me fucking hate you.' and laughing because the article the person I disagree with linked contradicts a point I imagined they made.
Erm...
Sorry smiley, I didn't actually read your post. I was ranting at nobody in particular.
Edit: The laughter wasn't aimed at you either. I wrote without consideration and acted like an asshole, with the unfortunate addition that I skipped over ethical concerns such as the suffering of animals, which I don't care about. My humble apologies.
Ah, I think I see what happened, sorry. I vote we move on and forget it happened. Actually this is probably a sign that it's time I stopped posting in this thread.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Hokay. I'm gonna try be less of an asshole from now on.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

HungryHippo

Post by HungryHippo »

Edminster wrote:
The source is Patriquin et coll. 1986. As marked in the quote.

If you are too lazy to google that, or fail to understand that this is how sources are marked in university documents, then here's the full bibliographical source for you:

Patriquin, D.G., Hill, N.M., Baines, D., Bishop, M., and Allen, G. 1986. Observations on a mixed farm during the transition to biological husbandry. Biol. Agric. Hort. 4:69-154.

Congratulations on your troll. I'm sure that this stat was so very important for you that you absolutely must have had a source to confirm it. No doubt, you will now look up said source to find the data. Because you are just that thorough and scientifically rigorous.

If you want to question the validity of this source next, then here's what a McGill website (http://eap.mcgill.ca/publications/eap104a.htm) has to say on him: "Only one comprehensive study of farm conversion has been conducted (Patriquin et al., 1986)."

McGill isn't even my university, I just picked the first google result, and they say the same thing I'm reading for my class.

Are you happy now?

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

No, not until you give me three dresses: one as golden as the sun, one as silver as moon, and one as bright as the stars. Only then can we marry.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

[ ] Yes

[ ] Yes

[ ] Not no

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

[*] Yes

[*] Yes

[*] Not no
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Ask and ye shall receive!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I never asked for this...
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Now you are getting into the spirit!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

I just idly clicked on that animal abolishment website or whatever stupid thing it was called, from the first page, by "Pierce". Tee hee hee! "speciesism is a form of violence". LOFL! Stop making up words, you crazy vegans. Cheers!

Anyway, Mrs. Felstaff is about to move in with a veganite (or vegetarian? Whichever ones wear the plastic shoes), and I plan to bring a Hog Roast round every. single. visit.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...