[2011-Oct-17] Better Truism

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: [2011-Oct-17] Better Truism

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Layra-chan wrote:On its logo and associated it's called Penn. Everyone refers to it as UPenn, including the url of its website. Possibly because "Penn" sounds dumb. Also to lower the possibility of the current freshmen making "Penn '15" jokes.
Sweet. It isn't too late for me to enroll and get me a sweet Penn'15 shirt. Now what to take?

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Pick all of the courses with 'sex' in the title. Heh.

EDIT: Or feminist studies.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

zark169

Post by zark169 »

@graphitepen
And that kind of failure of logic leads to the other truism gem, "an ounce of prevention is equal to a pound of cure" (or whatever the actual wording is). It baffles me that corporations can say "Spend X amount now to avoid a mess or spend 100 times that amount after the mess happens."

I guess it's just the "special" accounting that guesstimates the percentage of that cure cost that they may have to pay. "Recall the faulty part in those trucks and eat the costs, or hope that not too many people get hurt/killed so we don't have to pay out as much as the recall?" When will they realize that avoiding the negative publicity is well worth the recall costs?

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

Yeah! Who are they to tell us that fencing off the cliff will be cheaper than keeping the valley equipped with ambulances?
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

zark169 wrote:@graphitepen
And that kind of failure of logic leads to the other truism gem, "an ounce of prevention is equal to a pound of cure" (or whatever the actual wording is). It baffles me that corporations can say "Spend X amount now to avoid a mess or spend 100 times that amount after the mess happens."
Do you have any kind of insurance policies?
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.