[2011-Oct-30] Market Forces

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ScottBieser

Re: [2011-Oct-30] Market Forces

Post by ScottBieser »

It's tough being the only one in the room who understands economics, innit, Zach? I feel for you.

In fact, this process of nascent, struggling local industries being destroyed by well-intentioned foreign donations of food and clothing has been going on in Africa for a few decades, now. People in the charity business -- and European and U.S. farmers looking for a place to dump their wares -- will sometimes get upset with you when you point that out.

Quintushalls

Post by Quintushalls »

Give a man a fish, and he will have food for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will have food for a lifetime.

If a man pollutes the water, he will have no food and probably die. If he over-fishes, he will have no food after a month. If he farms fish in tight spaces, he will get diseased fish. If he force feeds fish hormones and antibiotics, he will become immune to antibodies and fall ill to diseases.

So what is a man to do? Create replicators from star trek, that's what!

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

ScottBieser wrote:It's tough being the only one in the room who understands economics, innit, Zach? I feel for you.

he doesn't read this.

And are you implying that this often happens in the world? IF ONLY everyone would stop giving all their food to the poor! Why can't they control themselves and keep some of it for themselves? Please, humanity, listen to us, the sole keepers of the wisdom that you shouldn't give everything you have to the poor.

And are you also implying that YOU are often the only person in the room who understands economics? Are you perhaps standing in a empty room? Do you share your room with libertarians? Please, tell us where you got this profound knowledge from, that we also might become like you, a bright and shining beacon of hope in a world of over-generosity.

Potomac

Post by Potomac »

There was an invisible hand joke lurking in there somewhere.

AF Guy

Post by AF Guy »

Haha, In Jam sounds like that angry guy who takes offense to absolutely everything and is unwilling to hear another viewpoint without taking it as a personal affront. Number 1, it's a joke, relax. Number 2, don't come on another guy's website and start talking trash about him, it just shows blatant immaturity. If you don't like Zach or SMBC, don't come to the website, and definitely don't come to the forums. Number 3, why are you complaining to Zach about how his comic doesn't make sense and that you don't agree with the economic viewpoints portrayed in the comic, and then getting mad at other people because he "doesn't read this" (the forum)? Are you wholly aware of how genuinely stupid you make yourself sound?

On the other hand you really should keep posting to the forums, your stupid antics are almost as entertaining as the comic. Ok not really, but they are entertaining.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

AF Guy wrote:Haha, In Jam sounds like that angry guy who takes offense to absolutely everything and is unwilling to hear another viewpoint without taking it as a personal affront. Number 1, it's a joke, relax. Number 2, don't come on another guy's website and start talking trash about him, it just shows blatant immaturity. If you don't like Zach or SMBC, don't come to the website, and definitely don't come to the forums. Number 3, why are you complaining to Zach about how his comic doesn't make sense and that you don't agree with the economic viewpoints portrayed in the comic, and then getting mad at other people because he "doesn't read this" (the forum)? Are you wholly aware of how genuinely stupid you make yourself sound?

On the other hand you really should keep posting to the forums, your stupid antics are almost as entertaining as the comic. Ok not really, but they are entertaining.
I'm sotic and I approve of this message. (y)
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

AF Guy wrote:Haha, In Jam sounds like that angry guy who takes offense to absolutely everything and is unwilling to hear another viewpoint without taking it as a personal affront. Number 1, it's a joke, relax. Number 2, don't come on another guy's website and start talking trash about him, it just shows blatant immaturity. If you don't like Zach or SMBC, don't come to the website, and definitely don't come to the forums. Number 3, why are you complaining to Zach about how his comic doesn't make sense and that you don't agree with the economic viewpoints portrayed in the comic, and then getting mad at other people because he "doesn't read this" (the forum)? Are you wholly aware of how genuinely stupid you make yourself sound?

Holy fuck you're retarded; get off this forum immediately.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Zach

doesn't

read

the forum

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Oh and Sotic, you can fuck off

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Unless you are DR playing the same trick as I am in which case I say, o/

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

AF Guy wrote:don't come to the website, and definitely don't come to the forums.
You need to understand something... No one here really likes Zach or SMBC. The forum is just a bunch of people trolling eachother with bad puns and rape jokes.

It is glorious.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

In Jam wrote:Unless you are DR playing the same trick as I am in which case I say, o/
Nope. I just think you're unnecessarily irate.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

WRONG ANSWER

when someone goes o/ you are supposed to answer \o

it's a high 5 dummy 8)

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Unfortunately I cannot take responsibility for Sotic's nonsense.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

There. Now there will always be an outlet to fill the needs of the high-five deprived. You're welcome, Internet.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.