[2011-Nov-17] <Redacted>

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Spaceguy5

[2011-Nov-17] <Redacted>

Post by Spaceguy5 »

Personally, I support this bill. Why, do you ask?

When a user downloads a file, he is downloading a copy of something from the real world, such as a song from the real world, a picture from the real world, or a computer program from the real world. That song, picture, or computer program has a value in real money. When you put a picture of the Mona Lisa in your cache, you copied 680 million dollars worth of money into your computer. This causes inflation and makes the dollar and any other currency worthless. Therefore we have to go a form of government that doesn't use money, like communism.

The RIAA told me, so it has to be true!

(Seriously though, trying to censor the intertubes will just make us more like China with their great (fire)wall... and China is full of commies.... and 'round these parts, we don't like commies!)

Gravity Concavity

Re: [2011-Nov-17] <Redacted>

Post by Gravity Concavity »

When they first invented Cars, Britain had a law requiring a 3 man crew: 1 to drive, 1 to stoke the exhaust and 1 to walk in front of the car waving a red flag so no one would get hurt. You could not drive more than 3mph.

The law's biggest lobby, the railways.

This is a desperate attempt by kings of antiquated business models trying to keep what little grasp they have left.

Show me one government policy that has solved a problem rather than just relocating it. I will wait.

charles

Post by charles »

Holy steganography, Batman! Does that black box votey contain a message or is it just a black box? Are there any non-0x000000 pixels?

Alucardinium

Post by Alucardinium »

I thought the classic "If you aren't doing anything bad" from the government side was "You have no reason to fear domestic spying"

Spaceguy5

Post by Spaceguy5 »

charles wrote:Holy steganography, Batman! Does that black box votey contain a message or is it just a black box? Are there any non-0x000000 pixels?
The pictures at this URL may or may not contain copyrighted audio content embedded via steganography.

Jiro
Carbon copy

Post by Jiro »

They better not be fucking with my internet.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Jiro wrote:They better not be fucking with my internet.
Try and stop them!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.