[2011-Nov-18] Love is...

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

[2011-Nov-18] Love is...

Post by Sahan »

I laughed at today's strip, much like the old SMBC strips done by English major Zach, for sure. Short, sharp and a hilarious caption that turns the situation on its head.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: [2011-Nov-18] Love is...

Post by DonRetrasado »

Funny, but the punchline is a lot clumsier than they used to be.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Yeah, the punch lines were a lot better before they got all popular.

Yeah, the punch lines were a lot better back in the day, not like the ones we get now.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Post by Guest »

"The greatest force" - sounds ripe for power generation.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:Yeah, the punch lines were a lot better before they got all popular.

Yeah, the punch lines were a lot better back in the day, not like the ones we get now.
Nah, he's right. It should be "Melvin Love is full of himself" to parallel the speaking pattern in the comic.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I do not understand what or why you are trying to tell me
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

timthemoosetesticle

Post by timthemoosetesticle »

Hmm, this is a little too similar to his "according to science.." strip (the guy in the comic changed his name to science). Still love these!

JJohnh

Post by JJohnh »

I didn't get the punchline and googled "Melvin Love", I didn't find anyone noteworthy so I friended a Melvin Love on facebook to better get an idea of the joke. He's never heard of SMBC.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

JJohnh wrote:I didn't get the punchline and googled "Melvin Love", I didn't find anyone noteworthy so I friended a Melvin Love on facebook to better get an idea of the joke. He's never heard of SMBC.
Wow.
I'm sure it was just a play on the Love surname, and he randomly chose Melvin as the first.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
JJohnh wrote:I didn't get the punchline and googled "Melvin Love", I didn't find anyone noteworthy so I friended a Melvin Love on facebook to better get an idea of the joke. He's never heard of SMBC.
Wow.
I'm sure it was just a play on the Love surname, and he randomly chose Melvin as the first.
Wow, I'm pretty sure JJohnh was fully aware of that, and was doing this thing the cool kids call "humor".
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Lord Caldemar

Post by Lord Caldemar »

Eisbreaker wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:
Wow.
Wow, I'm pretty sure JJohnh was fully aware of that, and was doing this thing the cool kids call "humor".
Why, I do believe he was attempting a thing called sarcasm, which of course on this "internet" tends to be obtuse and hard to detect to render it quite stupid to merely attempt, especially while an unknown (aka a unregistered user such as I) on the particular internet forum.

Anyway, it is quite late and I must retire, perhaps we shall chat again, cherio my good sirs.