[2012-Feb-10] The gracehopper

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Pitch Hitter
[Insert Here]

Re: [2012-Feb-10] The gracehopper

Post by Pitch Hitter »

Relative background to the stip: A picture of an abandoned factory with the caption "Everything fades"

ZL

Post by ZL »

I think Grace Hopper also coined the term "bug" when they found a real insect inside a machine once that was causing problems... I could imagine the spirit of Grace Hopper striking back with more bugs also.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ZL wrote:I think Grace Hopper also coined the term "bug" when they found a real insect inside a machine once that was causing problems... I could imagine the spirit of Grace Hopper striking back with more bugs also.
I was all ready to call shenanigans on that.
My apologies.

Debugger

Post by Debugger »

While Grace Hopper did find a moth causing problems in the Mark II, the term "bug" for flaws in technical designs predates the computer age by at least decades.

In other words:

Shenanigans!

DocNasty

Post by DocNasty »

She's also credited with saying: "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission"

Hence negating the need for change management, change control, and the like.

jackson123423

Post by jackson123423 »

Maintain the nice perform, My partner and i examine handful of content with this internet site and also I do believe your net website will be genuine intriguing and contains received sectors regarding great details. color-imagination.com/led-par-cans.html