[2012-Feb-21] Jay Garrick

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Droler

Re: [2012-Feb-21] Jay Garrick

Post by Droler »

My lame attempts at geekery are overcome by the posts preceding this one. But here was my FB post on this strip:

1) If the Flash ran that far without super strength which he's established in DC books as not having, he'd get crushed trying to catch a woman falling from the top of the ESB. Perhaps a super speed tornado (yep I went there) might have explained this away.

2) And she would be pulp being caught by ANY superhero just above the same ground which would have destroyed her.

Captain Boomerang reference is so great here, thx SMBC.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

The flash could climb the building and jump out a window so that he reaches terminal velocity when he's right next to the woman, and then grab her and deploy a parachute.
He might have to dig a pit first to give them enough room to slow down, though.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

spookyburrito

Post by spookyburrito »

Jay Garrick Flash has never consciously displayed this ability, but Wally West eventually developed the ability to add and remove speed to moving objects. It's feasible to think that, given his intrinsic connection to the speed force he could subconsciously slow the woman's decent during his approach, allowing him to catch her safely.

Queue 3 posts of people pointing out that something in a comic book isn't' real.

topher

Post by topher »

Things in comic books are not real.

Anon456

Post by Anon456 »

Alternatively, this takes place in an alternate DC universe where Captain Boomerang actually has powers that make anything he throws come back to him. She slowed down in what would have led to her trip back, but the way Flash is holding her kept her firmly in place, canceling the power. The fiends real plan was that the he put some sort of deadly trap in the way of the path she would've taken to come back to him. To simply let her die from the fall wouldn't suit his theme after all.

Dane Raider

Post by Dane Raider »

Given the amount of controversy this comic has generated, I think the decent thing would be for Zach to take the comic down until we can all agree on what would make it better, then re-issue an amended version.

I expect he's already working on it.
Being kinky is when you tickle your girlfriend's anus with a feather, being perverted is when you bypass that hassle and just start humping chickens.