[2012-Mar-06] Creation Science Labs

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

mcc

[2012-Mar-06] Creation Science Labs

Post by mcc »

I am new here do you just make a thread and come up with a title?

Anyway I must point out that today's strip is deeply misrepresentative of creationists. The final panel represents the "Creation Science Labs" as a trailer in the middle of nowhere with abandoned tires laying around.

As we can see from the website of Patriot University-- which awarded the PH.D of young-earth creationist luminary Kent Hovind-- the reality is quite different.

In fact the trailer in the middle of nowhere containing the real-life "creation science labs" is kept quite clean and has no abandoned tires at all, just some rocks and tumbleweeds, and the dumpster is well on the other side of the parking lot rather than being by the back door as Mr. Weiner implies.

Spinalcold

Re: [2012-Mar-6] Creation Science Labs

Post by Spinalcold »

Oh, but there isn't a proper description of what's inside the dumpster, that's where the babies go.

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

Post by ChaoticBrain »

I have the strangest urge to play with fire around that facility.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

ChaoticBrain wrote:I have the strangest urge to play with fire around that facility.
Yes, when I see people I don't agree with, my mind also jumps to arson.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Dindong
[Insert Here]

Post by Dindong »

What I do is change my opinion. I'm very pliable.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I'd be annoyed if I could be bothered to care that an unaccredited university awarded a doctorate in young earth creationism with no opportunity for peer review the dissertation. But Hovind's degree has about as much standing as a PHD in metaphysics from the Universal Life Church, so who cares? I really don't even have an issue with people espousing creationism and intelligent design as long as the refrain from calling it science.*

*Unfortunately they often do insist it is a scientific theory
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Kaharz wrote:But Hovind's degree has about as much standing as a PHD in metaphysics from the Universal Life Church, so who cares?
As a minister in the ULC, I can say this is 100% correct.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Edminster wrote:
Kaharz wrote:But Hovind's degree has about as much standing as a PHD in metaphysics from the Universal Life Church, so who cares?
As a minister in the ULC, I can say this is 100% correct.
Hey some states (including Maryland I believe) recognize ordainment from the ULC enough to allow you to perform weddings. So that actually has some standing.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Yeah, I'm allowed to officiate marriages in the state of Maryland. This actually came up in Skype chat a couple days ago, and I since looked up the relevant laws. The thing I was thinking of where I needed someone to vouch that I am a minister was for officiating marriages in DC, and further the vouching has to be done by a resident of DC so sadly none of you guys could vouch for me.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mcc

Post by mcc »

ChaoticBrain wrote:I have the strangest urge to play with fire around that facility.
No don't southwest Colorado is a wildfire risk zone :(

Issoisso

Post by Issoisso »

Wow, that building is all of Patriot Bible University. For only $99 you can enroll today!

headcode

Post by headcode »

Issoisso wrote:Wow, that building is all of Patriot Bible University. For only $99 you can enroll today!
For $299 you can buy the property.

uddleony

Post by uddleony »

I always wondered what people did in creationist scientist research facilities, I bet they just smoke a lot and watch tv.

wipe

Re: [2012-Mar-06] Creation Science Labs

Post by wipe »

At the moment, downloading videos from TikTok without a watermark is against the site's rules. This is because content on TikTok goes to the person who made it and can't be shared or used without permission. word wipe

Gold99

Re: [2012-Mar-06] Creation Science Labs

Post by Gold99 »

Unlock a staggering 10,000php windfall within a mere 5 minutes through Gold99's lightning-fast payout functionality! Delve into the digital gaming domain, offering not only colossal jackpots but also a rock-solid and trustworthy gaming adventure.

PGasia