Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

sotic
[Insert Here]

Re: [2012-Mar-7] shitty comic

Post by sotic »

Anon21 wrote:
cuddlepony wrote:
You try writing a web comic every day and see if you can produce consistently funny comics
Yeah, well that's kind of the problem. If you get to the point where you're producing a bunch of not-joke comics, cut the fuck back on your production schedule. Not everyone can be Ryan North, and that's okay, but really, the great thing about webcomics (as compared to regular comics) is that artists can set their own schedule, and not force themselves to churn out a bunch of tedious schlock.
Hey, I like Schlock Mercenary! Even if it's a giant convoluted mess and I don't ever remember why they're where they are or doing what they're doing.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:
Anon21 wrote:Not everyone can be Ryan North
I like Dinosaur Comics but that still strikes me as funny.
I don't read it, but it isn't a very good comparison. Its a hell of a lot easier to make a sprite comic for daily consumption than it is to do what Zach does. I don't care one way or another whether Zach scales back from a daily schedule (I don't think that a decreased schedule is going to change the current timbre of the comic). But you can't really compare. North has to come up with an idea, and then copy and paste, essentially. Zach has to come up with an idea, and then draw a comic he's happy with to represent it.

thebowski

Post by thebowski »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Its a hell of a lot easier to make a sprite comic for daily consumption than it is to do what Zach does.
It would be easier for Zach if he made one panel comics like he used to, though.