[2012-Mar-13] Math!

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: [2012-Mar-13] Math!

Post by DonRetrasado »

That's right, I studied math 8)
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Bah I Say

Post by Bah I Say »

Sine of his penis? Well lets see at 0 sine is small then the hump goes up...dammit all to hell unholy mothers I made it a graph joke for myself

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I'm still trying to figure out why you would equate a penis to an angle for any purpose other than a bad math joke.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

tophernator

Post by tophernator »

Maths.
That is all.

Dane Raider

Post by Dane Raider »

Sorry, you guys probably missed this because it was at the end of the last page.
Sahan wrote:End of discussion.
Being kinky is when you tickle your girlfriend's anus with a feather, being perverted is when you bypass that hassle and just start humping chickens.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

I wasn't discussing, just musing to myself in a public forum. Now I'm discussing, thanks to you. You ruined it.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Kaharz wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why you would equate a penis to an angle for any purpose other than a bad math joke.
Some sexual positions are really complicated.

Klip

Post by Klip »

Yup, where do you think the saying "The Kama Sutra was created by mathematicians" comes from.

gobaskof

Post by gobaskof »

So we agree that as it is an approximation then the number has to be small? Someone brought up the point of units, which is clearly the sign of a non-physicist. As any physicist would know that to take a sine of a quantity it must be dimensionless.
So is it implying the penis itself is dimensionless? Is this the joke? Because, then why bother with the small angle approximation? Clearly this is not the joke.
The penis size either in units of length or length^3 (depending on if length or volume is being referred to), so we need to normalise it with respect to something.
Of course the most logical choice is to normalise with respect to the average length of a human penis.

Therefore making the joke:
"The size of your penis normalised with respect to the average human penis is a approximately equal to its sine."

And conversations like this is why no one invites us physicists to parties.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Speak for yourself.
Nobody invites me to parties because of all my racist jokes.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

gobaskof wrote:So we agree that as it is an approximation then the number has to be small? Someone brought up the point of units, which is clearly the sign of a non-physicist. As any physicist would know that to take a sine of a quantity it must be dimensionless.
So is it implying the penis itself is dimensionless? Is this the joke? Because, then why bother with the small angle approximation? Clearly this is not the joke.
The penis size either in units of length or length^3 (depending on if length or volume is being referred to), so we need to normalise it with respect to something.
Of course the most logical choice is to normalise with respect to the average length of a human penis.

Therefore making the joke:
"The size of your penis normalised with respect to the average human penis is a approximately equal to its sine."

And conversations like this is why no one invites us physicists to parties.
Seriously? Are degrees, radians, arcseconds, etc not units? The result is dimensionless....

And as someone explained earlier, the joke is that you can only use the small angle approximation on an angle (or penis haha*) that is very small. Are you really a physicist or do you lack any iota of a sense of humor? Not that it was a particularly funny joke, but if you know what small angle approximation is, you should have gotten it.

*this is a sarcastic "haha"

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Easy, Hoss.

Angle units are generally considered to be dimensionless. A radian, for example, is the ratio of a circumference to a radius, so it's length over length.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Klip

Post by Klip »

Seeing as Oldrach beat me to it, I'll just say:
Haha! Penis

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Kaharz wrote:Seriously? Are degrees, radians, arcseconds, etc not units?[/size]
Not really. Sine represents opposite over hypotenuse, angle represents arc length over radius.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I didn't say I studied physics.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.