[2012-Jun-06] Happy Happy Joy Joy

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

[2012-Jun-06] Happy Happy Joy Joy

Post by ChaoticBrain »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2633#comic

In related news, studies show that there may be a link between the growing popularity in happiness chips and rising suicide rates. Here with more on the story is Sandy Summers. Sandy?

Sandy?

San-- oh jesus cut to studio CUT TO STUDIO!!

DuckReconMajor

Re: [2012-June-06] Happy Happy Joy Joy

Post by DuckReconMajor »

Holy shit. I read the comic and I was like holy shit.
:M BIRD LOL

Trout Fucker

Post by Trout Fucker »

It feels like this comic has creepy-pasta potential.

Lurker #16180339887498948482

Post by Lurker #16180339887498948482 »

Really liked this comic. But, to be fair, this is basically just the distilled essence of Inception, right?

Anon21

Post by Anon21 »

Definitely the best comic in a while.

Buttfrenzy

Post by Buttfrenzy »

Inception? Not quite.

Very reminiscent of Phillip K. Dick stories, though. Science fiction is always best when it's full of mindfuckery!

Nuurgle

Post by Nuurgle »

This was definitely one of my favorite, and also one of the saddest, comics I've read here in a long time. Enough so that I created a forum account just to post this.

Jewlian

Post by Jewlian »

Stupid chip can't even simulate blood splatter. She must've gotten a Chinese knockoff happiness chip.

notgot

Post by notgot »

Nice and creepy. But yeah for a moment it seemed that the happiness chip was malfunctioning - thanks for the hidden comic - phew.

Post by Guest »

Lurker #16180339887498948482 wrote:Really liked this comic. But, to be fair, this is basically just the distilled essence of Inception, right?
Maybe more like Vanilla Sky, but at least in this comic the woman knows exactly what's going on, since in theory she decided on the chip's implantation whilst still 'alive' whereas Tom Cruise learns the 'details' of his dream from within it, and since he has no external confirmation of the details provided by his 'tech support', he is unable to determine whether or not the 'I died but was cryogenically preserved" story is true. Until he wakes up.

BlueNight

Post by BlueNight »

I was just reading Fans!, and moping about the oncoming end of that series, so I came here for some lighthearted, possibly sadistic fun.

You cruel, cruel bastard.

Kame

Post by Kame »

Guest wrote:
Lurker #16180339887498948482 wrote:Really liked this comic. But, to be fair, this is basically just the distilled essence of Inception, right?
Maybe more like Vanilla Sky, but at least in this comic the woman knows exactly what's going on, since in theory she decided on the chip's implantation whilst still 'alive' whereas Tom Cruise learns the 'details' of his dream from within it, and since he has no external confirmation of the details provided by his 'tech support', he is unable to determine whether or not the 'I died but was cryogenically preserved" story is true. Until he wakes up.
Had never heard of this movie but just got done watching it. Very nice. Any other mind bending movie suggestions?

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

That same Guest

Post by That same Guest »

Kame wrote:
Guest wrote:
Had never heard of this movie but just got done watching it. Very nice. Any other mind bending movie suggestions?
It's a great feeling to know that I've helped someone achieve 2 hours, 4 minutes, and 19 seconds of joy--if only they would last a lifetime where blood didn't get on your son.

Besides the previously mentioned 'Inception' (which I personally found quite stale) there are--stop me if you've heard these--Memento, Primer (A bit TOO mind bendy; see http://xkcd.com/657/large/ ), Repo Man (it may not seem mind bendy at first), The 13th Floor, The Game, The Jacket (not too bendy, but a nice movie), The Prestige, Cypher, and some classics like Fight Club, Usual Suspects, Sixth Sense, The Butterfly Effect, and who knows how many I forgot.

That Guest, again

Post by That Guest, again »

Ugh, if the mods would confirm my account, I could have edited my last post. Anyway, here are some more I remembered:

The Illusionist, 12 Monkeys, Being John Malkovich, Identity. Honorable mentions: Lucky Number Slevin, Donnie Darko.