[2012-Aug-14] Theory of Revolution

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

[2012-Aug-14] Theory of Revolution

Post by ChaoticBrain »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2703#comic

I really enjoyed this one. Zach's analogy to illustrate the circular logic of the Creationist belief system is dead-on, and the twist punchline was well-executed. This is the hardest I've laughed at SMBC in a long while.

wren337

Re: [2012-Aug-14] Theory of Revolution

Post by wren337 »

wont load please help

Post by Guest »

Having trouble loading a few recent comics. Tried in IE9 and Chrome.

nobody
[Insert Here]

Post by nobody »

I was going to help you out but it isn't loading for me either. So I'll draw what I remember of it, because it was loading for me earlier.

Sentient AI

Post by Sentient AI »

Nobodies comic is just as funny as the original.

Passerby

Post by Passerby »

All that loaded for me was "So, when Louis XVI was executed-" "Excuse me, Professor" and a bunch of blank space beneath it, where I at first presumed that a comic should be.

Then I just assumed that was a guillotine joke.

nobody
[Insert Here]

Post by nobody »

No, the comic was basically the same as the one I drew, I think I remembered it pretty well although there might be a couple of panels missing.

One love xx

stairs?

Post by stairs? »

Comic ain't loading. Now I'm not one to post on the Internet.

ThatThereLazyGuy

Post by ThatThereLazyGuy »

ChaoticBrain wrote:http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2703#comic

I really enjoyed this one. Zach's analogy to illustrate the circular logic of the Creationist belief system is dead-on, and the twist punchline was well-executed. This is the hardest I've laughed at SMBC in a long while.
Actually, an interesting point was brought up elsewhere, but I'll point it out here:

Anti-evolution =/= creationism.

Also:

JOY. Another anti-religious comic. Honestly, evolution has been pretty well proven, but this stuff is just... annoying.

unre9istered

Post by unre9istered »

ThatThereLazyGuy wrote: Anti-evolution =/= creationism.
True: I guess there could be someone besides creationists who denies evolution, but the creationists are certainly the loudest. Also, this comic is absolutely parodying (almost quoting really) some of their arguments.

And

Post by And »

Anti-evolution =/= Creationism? That's news to me. I thought anti-evolution was pretty much a religious stance by definition. It certainly isn't a scientific one.

someone

Post by someone »

I noticed that there's full version here:

https://arnoldzwicky.wordpress.com/2012 ... evolution/

Surely you guest

Post by Surely you guest »

I really hope the OP was shooting for sarcasm. Zach needs to stick to dick jokes.

KKoro

Post by KKoro »

And wrote:Anti-evolution =/= Creationism? That's news to me. I thought anti-evolution was pretty much a religious stance by definition. It certainly isn't a scientific one.
Well, you could have someone who is some form of existentialist and simply doesn't believe that the material world is real, you could have an extreme skeptic with a similar viewpoint (which could count as extremely paranoid science), or you could have someone who believes in Intelligent Design. Like the Catholic Church, for example.

ALTERNATE REPLY
You could have an extreme skeptic, or a Christian who believes in Intelligent Design.

PosisDas

Post by PosisDas »

I'd love to read the comic but it only loads part way and I only see the first 2 talk bubbles followed by a very large white space.

I hope it's fixed soon - I do love a good creationism bashing.