Re: ChaoticBrain Memorial Bad Internet Thread

Postby grape ape » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 pm

The top pane should read something like

"The internet is killing culture, people are only amused by airborne feces!"

just to bring it full circle....
grape ape

Postby FelixtheCat » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:02 pm

I love SMBC because I always laugh twice. Once at the punchline and once at the votey.

If you think about it, that raises my potential laughs per comic (lpc) 200% as compared to other funny webcomics and 50000% as compared to a single episode of Seinfeld (adjusting Seinfeld's laugh-second rate to an average via the laugh-second/lpc averaging method).

If we could get Zach to write a larger quantity of shorter comics we may be able to raise those figures. Maybe we could get him to divide up the comic and post them as single panels, each with a votey of its own.

I'll brb. I need to do some graphing.
FelixtheCat

Postby MysteryManBanned » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 am

I run a game company and was lucky enough to have Zach draw card art for my game. He was nice enough to mention the game on the front page of SMBC-Comics along with a link to discuss the game on his forum.

When I did so, I was banned.
MysteryManBanned

Postby MysteryManBanned2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:41 am

Was I banned for breaking a rule (such as posting in the wrong forum or tagging the post incorrectly), or was it the result of some miscommunication?
MysteryManBanned2

Postby Edminster » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:54 am

MysteryManBanned2 wrote:Was I banned for breaking a rule (such as posting in the wrong forum or tagging the post incorrectly), or was it the result of some miscommunication?

Looks like it was miscommunication! I just saw spam promoting some game and booted it and the account to the outlands; give me a few moments and you'll be back to normal. For the future, games stuff should be posted in the games section, and the Latest Comic Discussion section is for discussion of the latest comic.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby Kimra » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 am

MysteryManBanned2 wrote:Was I banned for breaking a rule (such as posting in the wrong forum or tagging the post incorrectly), or was it the result of some miscommunication?

Why are you asking in this tread?

Also I'm under the impression that when you want to advertise yourself on the forum you should first pretend to be our friends, rather than just going 'look at me, look at me!'.

Zach has about 0.1% input on the forum. He is not here. If he linked you, that's awesome, but the forum has it's own style.

Or I'm wrong! It happens... occasionally.
King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby Edminster » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 am

He's asking in this thread because he posted the thing in this section originally!

Also yes, MysteryMan did in fact break Rule 30, which explicitly says if you make a topic doing self-promotion of a game or whatever you'll be banned or sent to the Outlands. I'm allowing it to live in GMMTV because it has apparently been Touched By Zach so it gets a pass.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby Kimra » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:08 am

You know what's the most hilarious thing? Anyone coming here for self promotion.
*dies laughing*
King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby Lethal Interjection » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:29 pm

There were a few other poor choices in his post. Like considerable length and who cares.
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby rhomboidal » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Apparently, I missed some epicness here. Damn, overslept through the Apocalypse.
rhomboidal

Previous

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2