[2012-Sep-05] In Soviet Russia toilet flushes you!

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

[2012-Sep-05] In Soviet Russia toilet flushes you!

Post by Lethal Interjection »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2725#comic

So many fallacious assumptions, my brain hurts.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: [2012-Sept-5] In Soviet Russia toilet flushes you!

Post by smiley_cow »

The mall here has self flushing toilets and I hate them. They won't flush for me, and I always have to spend like 30 seconds waving my hand in front of the censor to make it go off. It also has tapless taps. It's a very annoying washroom.

Personally my favourite toilets are the whole flush/half flush toilets if we're gonna have fancy toilets.
Last edited by smiley_cow on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

nobody
[Insert Here]

Post by nobody »

My toilet is a semi-automatic

Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

What's the extra time/cost required to make an auto toilet over a regular one?

Sentient AI

Post by Sentient AI »

I prefer the toilets with little horizontal bars for you to kick.

Faceless Guest

Post by Faceless Guest »

Can someone please explain how this is supposed to be funny/insightful/valuable in any way? seriously, because I don't understand how this is any of those things.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Faceless Guest wrote:Can someone please explain how this is supposed to be funny/insightful/valuable in any way? seriously, because I don't understand how this is any of those things.
it's not
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

nobody
[Insert Here]

Post by nobody »

did you know if you add up all the time that people spend brushing their teeth it's longer than the time you spend at the butcher?

THASS LIFE

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Das Bruce wrote:What's the extra time/cost required to make an auto toilet over a regular one?
This was one of my qualms.

Another is that these toilets are only useful in a public domain. It is my experience that people still try to avoid using public toilets. Even if you count those who work in an environment where those toilets are the most convenient, they will still likely avoid using them whereever possible.
If you don't don't work or live (I'm not sure the latter is even relevant), then you are wasting a lot of time traveling to said locations. So even if that is not a made up number (it is), the convenience of auto-flush toilets is simply not there.
And even if you are in the position where they are the most convenient for some portion of your day, the average usage per capita (and by capita I am now simply refering to those for whom auto-flush toilets is convenient, not all of those with 'access') is still going to be well under a 1 use per day average.

Plus it isn't a funny/insightful/valuable comic in any way.
nobody wrote:did you know if you add up all the time that people spend brushing their teeth it's longer than the time you spend at the butcher?

THASS LIFE
I think the time I spent brushing my teeth today is longer than I've ever spent at the butcher ever.

Surely you guest

Post by Surely you guest »

smiley_cow wrote:The mall here has self flushing toilets and I hate them. They won't flush for me, and I always have to spend like 30 seconds waving my hand in front of the censor to make it go off. It also has tapless taps. It's a very annoying washroom.

Personally my favourite toilets are the whole flush/half flush toilets if we're gonna have fancy toilets.
The toilets usually have a little button you can press in addition to the sensor. They're unobtrusive, but in my experience there always is one (I find they tend to flush prematurely and are reluctant to finish the job later). The automatic sinks, as far as I know, are terminally dysfunctional.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Huh, I'll have to look for that next time I'm there.

And automatic sinks are the bane of my existence.
Last edited by smiley_cow on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

sorry but conserving water comes with a price you thankless jackasses
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Soliloquy

Post by Soliloquy »

And here I thought the point of automatic toilets/sinks was so you didn't have to touch the handle.

e

Post by e »

so many pseudos here,,,

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I haven't seen many of the automatic toilets with the manual override in the US. My big annoyance with them is that the urinals tend to flush while I'm zipping up, sometime with enough force to splash water on me. So I've taken to moving away quickly and then putting everything back where it belongs, which is somewhat awkward.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.