[2012-Sep-15] Pac Kafka

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderator: Kimra

[2012-Sep-15] Pac Kafka

Postby P1h3r1e3d13 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:23 pm

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2736#comic

It works surprisingly well.

I do have to point out that there is a word missing in the panel where the ghost is eaten: “... through the tangled ______ of the mouth-man.”
P1h3r1e3d13

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Postby cheesus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:35 am

This should be developed into a short story. I just had an existential experience.
cheesus

Postby Anon21 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:45 am

Yeah, normally I come in here to be like, "Oh Zach, you suck," or "Human beings don't talk or act that way, you're terrible at this," but this was actually really good. Bravo, Zach!
Anon21

Postby gemeric » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:16 am

cheesus wrote:This should be developed into a short story. I just had an existential experience.

Are you Pac man?
gemeric

Postby Surely you guest » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:27 am

That was terrible, what's wrong with you people?
Surely you guest

Postby sotic » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:32 am

Say what you will about needlessly long comics, I enjoyed the ghosts' drawings.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault
sotic
[Insert Here]

Postby SoJ » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:51 am

Please get started on centipede.
SoJ

Postby Aniketos » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:06 am

I loved it, I checked the forum just to see how cynical people were and am surprised to find positive responses outnumbering negative :).
Aniketos

Postby Eumesmopo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:59 am

Terrified not only of death, but also especially from life; those creatures were not fully human, yet not totally unhuman. They were mere shadows cast by the pitiful and regretful existence they had in life... ghosts. The dread of their fateful end - the annihilation of their own ego - was so great and shaking that it became a immensely powerful driving force would drive those wrecked souls into constructing webs of lies, denials of their own mortality, which would accompany them even in the dark limbo of afterlife, for they could not look at themselves - see their own incorporeality - and admit the painful truth that they were no longer. And so, even into the half-existence of their vital lie persisted, for not even the visit of Thanatos could free them of their primary maladjustment to life. Instead, the tragedy of dying only made their characterological armours stronger and more concrete, for now they where not mere deliberately false formulations about life that delved in the depths of their unconscious minds, but they were the very walls that composed the dark labyrinth devoid of exits which they were trapped in for all eternity. That alone would be a doom that no human would desire even for his worst enemy, but lady destiny (in her infinite sadism) found this mere emptiness not enough a torment and thus added a final painful element: A mouth that could do nothing but eat every single spot of color and life that would ever sprout from the maze leaving nothingness in it's wake. In that absurd situation no other option remained for the poor phantoms, but to continuously chase the mouth... forever.
Eumesmopo

Postby Guest1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:46 am

SoJ wrote:Please get started on centipede.

Centipede has already been made into a movie.
Guest1

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:16 am

I didn't like it. Not horrifying enough.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Postby Sentient AI » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Guest1 wrote:
SoJ wrote:Please get started on centipede.

Centipede has already been made into a movie.

A good movie at that.
Sentient AI

Postby Lethal Interjection » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:23 pm

I also rather liked this comic. Except that it was too long and switched focus from PacMan's existentialist angst, and focused on the ghosts. And that ruined the flow for me a little.
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby FarleShadow » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Eumesmopo wrote:Terrified not only of death, but also especially from life; those creatures were not fully human, yet not totally unhuman. They were mere shadows cast by the pitiful and regretful existence they had in life... ghosts. The dread of their fateful end - the annihilation of their own ego - was so great and shaking that it became a immensely powerful driving force would drive those wrecked souls into constructing webs of lies, denials of their own mortality, which would accompany them even in the dark limbo of afterlife, for they could not look at themselves - see their own incorporeality - and admit the painful truth that they were no longer. And so, even into the half-existence of their vital lie persisted, for not even the visit of Thanatos could free them of their primary maladjustment to life. Instead, the tragedy of dying only made their characterological armours stronger and more concrete, for now they where not mere deliberately false formulations about life that delved in the depths of their unconscious minds, but they were the very walls that composed the dark labyrinth devoid of exits which they were trapped in for all eternity. That alone would be a doom that no human would desire even for his worst enemy, but lady destiny (in her infinite sadism) found this mere emptiness not enough a torment and thus added a final painful element: A mouth that could do nothing but eat every single spot of color and life that would ever sprout from the maze leaving nothingness in it's wake. In that absurd situation no other option remained for the poor phantoms, but to continuously chase the mouth... forever.

Sounds like the bedroom of my last marriage!
FarleShadow

Postby Tarodore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:28 am

I could not help but think of this article's interpretation of Pac-Man while reading the comic.

I think both interpretations are valid, personally, and both are remarkably entertaining.
Tarodore

Next

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2