[2012-Sep-15] Pac Kafka

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

P1h3r1e3d13
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 am

[2012-Sep-15] Pac Kafka

Post by P1h3r1e3d13 »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2736#comic

It works surprisingly well.

I do have to point out that there is a word missing in the panel where the ghost is eaten: “... through the tangled ______ of the mouth-man.”

cheesus

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by cheesus »

This should be developed into a short story. I just had an existential experience.

Anon21
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 am

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Anon21 »

Yeah, normally I come in here to be like, "Oh Zach, you suck," or "Human beings don't talk or act that way, you're terrible at this," but this was actually really good. Bravo, Zach!

gemeric

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by gemeric »

cheesus wrote:This should be developed into a short story. I just had an existential experience.
Are you Pac man?

Surely you guest

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Surely you guest »

That was terrible, what's wrong with you people?

User avatar
sotic
[Insert Here]
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:55 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by sotic »

Say what you will about needlessly long comics, I enjoyed the ghosts' drawings.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

SoJ

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by SoJ »

Please get started on centipede.

Aniketos
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Aniketos »

I loved it, I checked the forum just to see how cynical people were and am surprised to find positive responses outnumbering negative :).

Eumesmopo

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Eumesmopo »

Terrified not only of death, but also especially from life; those creatures were not fully human, yet not totally unhuman. They were mere shadows cast by the pitiful and regretful existence they had in life... ghosts. The dread of their fateful end - the annihilation of their own ego - was so great and shaking that it became a immensely powerful driving force would drive those wrecked souls into constructing webs of lies, denials of their own mortality, which would accompany them even in the dark limbo of afterlife, for they could not look at themselves - see their own incorporeality - and admit the painful truth that they were no longer. And so, even into the half-existence of their vital lie persisted, for not even the visit of Thanatos could free them of their primary maladjustment to life. Instead, the tragedy of dying only made their characterological armours stronger and more concrete, for now they where not mere deliberately false formulations about life that delved in the depths of their unconscious minds, but they were the very walls that composed the dark labyrinth devoid of exits which they were trapped in for all eternity. That alone would be a doom that no human would desire even for his worst enemy, but lady destiny (in her infinite sadism) found this mere emptiness not enough a torment and thus added a final painful element: A mouth that could do nothing but eat every single spot of color and life that would ever sprout from the maze leaving nothingness in it's wake. In that absurd situation no other option remained for the poor phantoms, but to continuously chase the mouth... forever.

Guest1

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Guest1 »

SoJ wrote:Please get started on centipede.
Centipede has already been made into a movie.

User avatar
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 am
Location: Paradise City?

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I didn't like it. Not horrifying enough.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Sentient AI
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Sentient AI »

Guest1 wrote:
SoJ wrote:Please get started on centipede.
Centipede has already been made into a movie.
A good movie at that.

User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
Posts: 8051
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!
Contact:

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I also rather liked this comic. Except that it was too long and switched focus from PacMan's existentialist angst, and focused on the ghosts. And that ruined the flow for me a little.

FarleShadow
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by FarleShadow »

Eumesmopo wrote:Terrified not only of death, but also especially from life; those creatures were not fully human, yet not totally unhuman. They were mere shadows cast by the pitiful and regretful existence they had in life... ghosts. The dread of their fateful end - the annihilation of their own ego - was so great and shaking that it became a immensely powerful driving force would drive those wrecked souls into constructing webs of lies, denials of their own mortality, which would accompany them even in the dark limbo of afterlife, for they could not look at themselves - see their own incorporeality - and admit the painful truth that they were no longer. And so, even into the half-existence of their vital lie persisted, for not even the visit of Thanatos could free them of their primary maladjustment to life. Instead, the tragedy of dying only made their characterological armours stronger and more concrete, for now they where not mere deliberately false formulations about life that delved in the depths of their unconscious minds, but they were the very walls that composed the dark labyrinth devoid of exits which they were trapped in for all eternity. That alone would be a doom that no human would desire even for his worst enemy, but lady destiny (in her infinite sadism) found this mere emptiness not enough a torment and thus added a final painful element: A mouth that could do nothing but eat every single spot of color and life that would ever sprout from the maze leaving nothingness in it's wake. In that absurd situation no other option remained for the poor phantoms, but to continuously chase the mouth... forever.
Sounds like the bedroom of my last marriage!

Tarodore

Re: [2012-September-15] Pac Kafka

Post by Tarodore »

I could not help but think of this article's interpretation of Pac-Man while reading the comic.

I think both interpretations are valid, personally, and both are remarkably entertaining.

Post Reply