[2012-Nov-23] Middle School

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

axsvl77

[2012-Nov-23] Middle School

Post by axsvl77 »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2803#comic

I don't get it. I like the topic, but I don't know what is so cruel about Hoamuphone ?

Lukas

Re: Middle School

Post by Lukas »

It's because "hoamuhphone" is a homophone of "homophone" and a synonym for "homonym", despite not being a homonym for either "homophone" or "homonym" (or "synonym" for that matter), nor a homograph of any of them (including "homograph").

This might help.

Gila Monster

Post by Gila Monster »

You know, like, it's already confusing enough for kids to keep track of all these words. How to spell them, what they mean, remembering the difference between a homophone and a homonym, etc. So to throw this word into the mix when kids are already struggling to keep track of it all is some kind of sadistic joke. She WANTS to break the minds students across the country.

Reminds me of that one Brian Regan joke about the spelling bee.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite SMBC comics in a while. I especially love the genie's face in the third panel.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

This crappy joke does not seem to be worth the effort of working it out. I sure am glad I didn't bother! I don't know about you guys, but I'm unlikely to enjoy a punchline I have to explain to myself.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Really? Personally, if I can understand the joke without the help of wikipedia, I'm not impressed.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Personally, if the joke is so easy to understand that it could be explained by simply reading through a wikipedia article, I'm not impressed.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

We are slightly difficult to please.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Disina

Re: [2012-Nov-23] Middle School

Post by Disina »

Hello, in certain cases, distance education is not only necessary, but also the best possible option. In some circumstances, the benefits of distance education are more than obvious. Personal contact allows teachers and students to communicate in a traditional manner, which often leads to good understanding and relationships. This is a common occurrence, and it seems that such interaction is much easier in person. By the way, on https://studymind.co.uk/gcse-science-tutors/ you can choose any subject you need in which you want to get deep and extensive knowledge.

ReidKamari

Post by ReidKamari »

I just checked out your blog post and it was really thought-provoking. Your insights on the consequences of using a fake diploma are spot-on. It's important for individuals to recognize the potential risks and ethical implications involved. Keep up the great work in bringing awareness to this topic and fostering meaningful discussions!

Heridan

Post by Heridan »

Hello! Please tell me what I need to know if I want to go to college or university in the UK?

Verolla

Post by Verolla »

Of course, when studying in another country, you also need to think about comfortable accommodation and interesting pastime for students. Therefore, you should definitely read here the article about children's camps in the UK. So you can understand how the program of children's camps in the UK is structured so that your child can receive not only basic, but also additional education.

Joedan

Post by Joedan »

Thanks for your post

Bansa

Post by Bansa »

Hey there! Through Oklahoma Driving School, individuals can gain the necessary skills and knowledge to become responsible and proficient drivers. This facility offers comprehensive driving lessons, professional instructors and state-of-the-art equipment. To learn more about them, you should visit their website, and also get additional advice from a representative of oklahoma driving school customer service who can tell you about all their services and select those that are suitable for the client.