[2012-Dec-03] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderator: Kimra

[2012-Dec-03] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Anon21 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:17 am

Duly noted.

You should try it some time, guy! It's actually pretty good.
Anon21
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 am

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby CocoaNut » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 am

No, it's not pretty good.

It's delicious. It's probably the best drink around. And, now that I'm keeping heavy whipping cream and whole milk on hand on a regular basis, I'm thinking... why not?

Oh, and I also like pretty much any and all mints, including the mints you get on a check at a restaurant. In fact, I'm looking into how to make green food coloring out of mint leaves so I can color a frosting for some cupcakes I'm making.
CocoaNut
 

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Kaharz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Tradtional eggnog is milk with whipped egg. I'm not sure why you say Zach has no idea what eggnog is.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.
User avatar
Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Peon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Kaharz wrote:Tradtional eggnog is milk with whipped egg. I'm not sure why you say Zach has no idea what eggnog is.

^ this



although eggnog does pretty much kick ass any time of da year
Ask the next question.
User avatar
Peon
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Lethal Interjection » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm

As others have essentially said, real eggnog is not all that similar to that shit you buy in the carton.
I've had it once. I don't remember how I felt about it.

I actually quite liked this comic. It has been a while.
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Anon21 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 am

Kaharz wrote:Tradtional eggnog is milk with whipped egg. I'm not sure why you say Zach has no idea what eggnog is.

So, just out of curiosity, what relationship would you say "milk with whipped egg" bears to "a cocktail with an egg cracked in it"? I guess they both have eggs. It's good that he included eggs in some form or fashion, I suppose. I guess if we're being generous, we could give him like 1/45 in Eggnog Comprehension?
Anon21
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 am

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Kaharz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Eggnog is often served with spirits mixed in. This makes it a cocktail. A cocktail is any drink with two or more ingredients where at least one of the ingredient is spirits. Zach could have been more specific and said "Let's whip a raw egg and put it in your dairy based cocktail." But that is unnecessarily detailed and stupid. The joke works because there are a number of dairy based cocktails that are commonly consumed, but not a whole lot involving raw egg.* Unless you are a hair-splitting pedant that is.

I too enjoyed this comic, although I could have done without the last 3 panels. That didn't make it worse. They just didn't really add anything either.

*There are some other cocktails that involve raw egg. Why this is so, I do not know. I imagine because alcohol is involved.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.
User avatar
Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Kaharz wrote:Unless you are a hair-splitting pedant that is.

But isn't that a given?
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.
User avatar
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin
 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 am
Location: Paradise City?

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Oldrac the Chitinous » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Kaharz wrote:There are some other cocktails that involve raw egg. Why this is so, I do not know. I imagine because alcohol is involved.


I blame Rocky. I've never actually seen Rocky.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.
User avatar
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: The Perfect Stillness of the Deep

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Kaharz wrote: But that is unnecessarily detailed and stupid. The joke works because there are a number of dairy based cocktails that are commonly consumed, but not a whole lot involving raw egg.*

I too enjoyed this comic, although I could have done without the last 3 panels. That didn't make it worse. They just didn't really add anything either.

*There are some other cocktails that involve raw egg. Why this is so, I do not know. I imagine because alcohol is involved.


I thought the joke was alright, but those two panels did fall completely flat because I've made and enjoyed many cocktails with raw egg. Zach needs to try a good Royal Fizz.
Guest
 

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby carbonstealer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 am

This comic touched me deeply because it reaffirmed my belief that fruitcake is disgusting and people should stop trying to hand it to me at Christmas because its not tasty any other day of the year and it sure ain't tasty on Christmas. Who would have fruit cake when they could have tasty cake?
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.
User avatar
carbonstealer
Australia Apologist
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:47 am
Location: Down under

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:57 am

Fruit cake is the most disgusting shit I have ever eaten but for some reason the rest of my family loves it.
'Cept my brother, but he doesn't count cause he claims to have disowned me all the time.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.
User avatar
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin
 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 am
Location: Paradise City?

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby carbonstealer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 am

Amen.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.
User avatar
carbonstealer
Australia Apologist
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:47 am
Location: Down under

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby scalfin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Even better than eggnog? A brandy flip. mmmmmm

Still trying to get the gf a bostor sour and myselt a porto flip.
scalfin
 

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh, and the reason people put eggs in cocktails is twofold: the whites add body, making the drink thick, frothy, and otherwise velvety on the tongue, while the yolks add a "rich" taste that's delightful.
Guest
 

Next

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests