[2012-Dec-03] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Anon21

[2012-Dec-03] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Post by Anon21 »

Duly noted.

You should try it some time, guy! It's actually pretty good.

CocoaNut

Re: [2012-Dec-3] Okay, so Zach has no clue what eggnog is

Post by CocoaNut »

No, it's not pretty good.

It's delicious. It's probably the best drink around. And, now that I'm keeping heavy whipping cream and whole milk on hand on a regular basis, I'm thinking... why not?

Oh, and I also like pretty much any and all mints, including the mints you get on a check at a restaurant. In fact, I'm looking into how to make green food coloring out of mint leaves so I can color a frosting for some cupcakes I'm making.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Tradtional eggnog is milk with whipped egg. I'm not sure why you say Zach has no idea what eggnog is.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Peon

Post by Peon »

Kaharz wrote:Tradtional eggnog is milk with whipped egg. I'm not sure why you say Zach has no idea what eggnog is.
^ this

although eggnog does pretty much kick ass any time of da year
Ask the next question.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

As others have essentially said, real eggnog is not all that similar to that shit you buy in the carton.
I've had it once. I don't remember how I felt about it.

I actually quite liked this comic. It has been a while.

Anon21

Post by Anon21 »

Kaharz wrote:Tradtional eggnog is milk with whipped egg. I'm not sure why you say Zach has no idea what eggnog is.
So, just out of curiosity, what relationship would you say "milk with whipped egg" bears to "a cocktail with an egg cracked in it"? I guess they both have eggs. It's good that he included eggs in some form or fashion, I suppose. I guess if we're being generous, we could give him like 1/45 in Eggnog Comprehension?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Eggnog is often served with spirits mixed in. This makes it a cocktail. A cocktail is any drink with two or more ingredients where at least one of the ingredient is spirits. Zach could have been more specific and said "Let's whip a raw egg and put it in your dairy based cocktail." But that is unnecessarily detailed and stupid. The joke works because there are a number of dairy based cocktails that are commonly consumed, but not a whole lot involving raw egg.* Unless you are a hair-splitting pedant that is.

I too enjoyed this comic, although I could have done without the last 3 panels. That didn't make it worse. They just didn't really add anything either.

*There are some other cocktails that involve raw egg. Why this is so, I do not know. I imagine because alcohol is involved.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Kaharz wrote:Unless you are a hair-splitting pedant that is.
But isn't that a given?
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Kaharz wrote:There are some other cocktails that involve raw egg. Why this is so, I do not know. I imagine because alcohol is involved.
I blame Rocky. I've never actually seen Rocky.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Post by Guest »

Kaharz wrote: But that is unnecessarily detailed and stupid. The joke works because there are a number of dairy based cocktails that are commonly consumed, but not a whole lot involving raw egg.*

I too enjoyed this comic, although I could have done without the last 3 panels. That didn't make it worse. They just didn't really add anything either.

*There are some other cocktails that involve raw egg. Why this is so, I do not know. I imagine because alcohol is involved.
I thought the joke was alright, but those two panels did fall completely flat because I've made and enjoyed many cocktails with raw egg. Zach needs to try a good Royal Fizz.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

This comic touched me deeply because it reaffirmed my belief that fruitcake is disgusting and people should stop trying to hand it to me at Christmas because its not tasty any other day of the year and it sure ain't tasty on Christmas. Who would have fruit cake when they could have tasty cake?
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Fruit cake is the most disgusting shit I have ever eaten but for some reason the rest of my family loves it.
'Cept my brother, but he doesn't count cause he claims to have disowned me all the time.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Amen.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

scalfin

Post by scalfin »

Even better than eggnog? A brandy flip. mmmmmm

Still trying to get the gf a bostor sour and myselt a porto flip.

Post by Guest »

Oh, and the reason people put eggs in cocktails is twofold: the whites add body, making the drink thick, frothy, and otherwise velvety on the tongue, while the yolks add a "rich" taste that's delightful.