[2013-Mar-21] Comic - Program

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: 2013-03-21 Comic - Program

Post by DonRetrasado »

please add my app
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

DaGeek247

Post by DaGeek247 »

DonRetrasado wrote:please add my app
I did a pretty thorough search of the forums and Facebook page. Where exactly is your app?
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
and the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

nvm you already found it
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Phranx wrote:I maded something like this a while ago, never thought there would be such a big audience for it.
You were right. There isn't actually a big audience to use a program like this, just a big audience of people showing off that they can write the program and then looking at all the others so they can develop a sense of superiority about how theirs is better.*

*survey size = 1, margin of error +/- 49.99%, CI = 0.0%
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

DaGeek247

Post by DaGeek247 »

Kaharz wrote:
You were right. There isn't actually a big audience to use a program like this, just a big audience of people showing off that they can write the program and then looking at all the others so they can develop a sense of superiority about how theirs is better.*

*survey size = 1, margin of error +/- 49.99%, CI = 0.0%
I would agree with you, but the fact that my version of it (at least) gained over 200 new people visiting in three days, I disagree. Numbers don't lie.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Clearly the logical conclusion is that there has always been a vast untapped audience of people desperate to find out just what their parents were up to on the night of their conception. There is absolutely no relation to a recent event wherein 400.000 people were suddenly made aware of such a concept attached to an open call to create a service, and the demand for it will remain steady forever.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DaGeek247 wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote: Alright, fine.
Here it is.
Above this post.
When you hit the top, just go to the previous page, there should be more there. Repeat once more, if you desire.
Ahh, but there are ones on the Facebook page as well.
You said 'all of these programs that do it.'* You were the one who put a qualifier on it, not me, son.

And you've seen them on facebook? Well then you have two lists. If you want one so bad, compile them. I'm not your fucking secretary!

*I may be paraphrasing, I don't recall the exact phrasing, but there was the 'these' qualifier.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

DaGeek247 wrote:I would agree with you, but the fact that my version of it (at least) gained over 200 new people visiting in three days, I disagree. Numbers don't lie.
I'm in a playful mood, so yes, let us look at the numbers.

If we start with the knowledge that at minim 400,000 people saw the comic (going by the Project Wonderful tracking stats), and assume that your traffic numbers are average and the list of calculators you have provided complete, that puts the number of people interested in their conceptual origin at approximately 400 people per day, or one per one thousand population. Let's pretend that this number tracks perfectly with the population at large because we are lonely nerds who want to feel important.

The current birth rate in the United States is thirteen per thousand population per year, so on an average day there are about 12 people born who will want to know what happened when their mother and father had their genitals in direct contact. The current birth rate of autistic children is something around one in fifty births last I heard, which puts the number of autistic people at about 230 born daily.

Autistic people outnumber the number of people who are chronovoyeurs almost twenty to one. So even if we are as favourable as possible towards your asinine belief that this is a vast market that just needs tapping, you'd enter a much more lucrative field if you figured out a way to gently squeeze people through the internet.

Numbers don't lie.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DaGeek247

Post by DaGeek247 »

Edminster wrote: I'm in a playful mood, so yes, let us look at the numbers.

If we start with the knowledge that at minim 400,000 people saw the comic (going by the Project Wonderful tracking stats), and assume that your traffic numbers are average and the list of calculators you have provided complete, that puts the number of people interested in their conceptual origin at approximately 400 people per day, or one per one thousand population. Let's pretend that this number tracks perfectly with the population at large because we are lonely nerds who want to feel important.

The current birth rate in the United States is thirteen per thousand population per year, so on an average day there are about 12 people born who will want to know what happened when their mother and father had their genitals in direct contact. The current birth rate of autistic children is something around one in fifty births last I heard, which puts the number of autistic people at about 230 born daily.

Autistic people outnumber the number of people who are chronovoyeurs almost twenty to one. So even if we are as favourable as possible towards your asinine belief that this is a vast market that just needs tapping, you'd enter a much more lucrative field if you figured out a way to gently squeeze people through the internet.

Numbers don't lie.
Alright, I was wrong. Sue me.
Lethal Interjection wrote: You said 'all of these programs that do it.'* You were the one who put a qualifier on it, not me, son.

And you've seen them on facebook? Well then you have two lists. If you want one so bad, compile them. I'm not your fucking secretary!

*I may be paraphrasing, I don't recall the exact phrasing, but there was the 'these' qualifier.
I ended up making it myself over here.

joequincy

Post by joequincy »

Google'd "October 1987."

BLACK MONDAY.
I mean, it makes sense and all... but finding out you're a "world's going to hell, so let's bone" baby is a little disheartening >.>