[2013-May-28] The clearly obvious greatness of tenure

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

j-prime

[2013-May-28] The clearly obvious greatness of tenure

Post by j-prime »

In the red-dot bonus cartoon-lette, shouldn't the Y axis read 'Humility^-1" ?

p.s. superscript code not supported here?

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: [2013-5-28] The clearly obvious greatness of tenure

Post by DonRetrasado »

It should work. Can you try it again?
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

j-prime wrote:In the red-dot bonus cartoon-lette, shouldn't the Y axis read 'Humility^-1" ?

p.s. superscript code {sup}not supported here?
Maybe you're just dumb?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

for some behind-the-scenes trivia, that post took me eight revisions before i figured out it kept fucking up because there was an unclosed {sup} tag in the quote because apparently i am as big a mouthbreather as j-prime

if you enjoyed this and would like to know more SMBC Forums lore, please send an email to retsnimdecorp@gmail.com with the subject line: "ATTN: I ENJOY GOAT ANUSES" and you will receive one free response on the subject of my choosing*.

*response may not be relevant to the SMBC Forum and include such subjects as dutch woodcarving, papercrafts, medical technology, glass manufacturing processes, erotic dutch woodcarving, differential gears, and the state of Georgia but not the one you are thinking of.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

j-prime

Post by j-prime »

Edminster wrote:
j-prime wrote:In the red-dot bonus cartoon-lette, shouldn't the Y axis read 'Humility^-1" ?

Maybe you're just dumb?
Bizzare. When I tried it in my OP, and then in a non-quoted response to your (unneccessarily obnoxious) reply, it didn't work. When I quote your reply, your open-bracket-sub-close-bracket et al appear in edit window, and then display correctly in preview mode - although there's a whole slew of apparently superfluous BBCode as well:

Code: Select all

[sup]M[/sup]a[sub]y[/sub]b[sup]e[/sup] y[sup]o[/sup]u[sub]'[/sub]r[sup]e[/sup] j[sub]u[/sub]s[sup]t[/sup] d[sub]u[/sub]m[sup]b[/sup]?[sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][/quote]
But the one's I put in my own text just spell out the characters! I'm going to just submit this reply and see if it's preview that's not displaying it correctly.

j-prime

Post by j-prime »

And now it apparently works. I wonder if other tags will exhibit the same not-displayed-in-preview-but-ok-in-post (center for instance).

[center]WEIRD!!![/center]

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

j-prime wrote:
Edminster wrote:

Maybe you're just dumb?
Bizzare. When I tried it in my OP, and then in a non-quoted response to your (unneccessarily obnoxious) reply, it didn't work. When I quote your reply, your open-bracket-sub-close-bracket et al appear in edit window, and then display correctly in preview mode - although there's a whole slew of apparently superfluous BBCode as well:

Code: Select all

[sup]M[/sup]a[sub]y[/sub]b[sup]e[/sup] y[sup]o[/sup]u[sub]'[/sub]r[sup]e[/sup] j[sub]u[/sub]s[sup]t[/sup] d[sub]u[/sub]m[sup]b[/sup]?[sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][/quote]
But the one's I put in my own text just spell out the characters! I'm going to just submit this reply and see if it's preview that's not displaying it correctly.
yeah, i was going to write more but honestly it would have taken my response from precisely as obnoxious as necessary to something just beyond that mark + i am supremely lazy so i never got around to deleting it all
j-prime wrote:And now it apparently works. I wonder if other tags will exhibit the same not-displayed-in-preview-but-ok-in-post (center for instance).

[center]WEIRD!!![/center]
nobody needs center tags, ever

if they tell you otherwise then you can just go ahead and ignore them forever because they are in all measures wrong

gödel stop spreading fud

thejakeman

Post by thejakeman »

[blink]well this has been thrilling guys.[/blink]

Anon

Post by Anon »

[bgsound src="rickroll.mid" loop="infinite"]

[marquee][style="color:pink"][blink]That was nice to me, too[/blink][/style][/marquee]

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

there was a surprising number of responses to the earlier offer, and a not as surprising uptick in the number of bizarre fetish site newsletters being sent to my address so i am going to chalk this thread up as a success

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:
nobody needs center tags, ever

if they tell you otherwise then you can just go ahead and ignore them forever because they are in all measures wrong
Certainly never on the internet, anyways.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

The OP is right about the graph though.

Or it could just be flipped.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Peon

Post by Peon »

I just figured the graph was drawn from the perspective of the prof. i.e. "I'm soooooo humble!"
Ask the next question.