[2013-Sep-18] I don't get it

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

blivet

[2013-Sep-18] I don't get it

Post by blivet »

I don't understand the point of this comic. The time traveler changes history so Hitler is now a nice old man who is her grandfather. OK. Why does she want to change that?

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Re: [2013-Sep-18] I don't get it

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Somehow going back in time changed who her grandfather was. Which she is disappointed about.

There's nothing else to get, it's just not funny.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

wessen

Post by wessen »

The real disappointment is that the career change apparently prevented Hitler from inventing his signature moustache.

Burgh Guy

Post by Burgh Guy »

blivet wrote:I don't understand the point of this comic. The time traveler changes history so Hitler is now a nice old man who is her grandfather. OK. Why does she want to change that?
Because the time traveler is now the only person in the world who has knowledge of the atrocities committed by Hitler and the Third Reich. Every holiday, birthday, hug, etc. with Grandpa Hitler cannot be reconciled with the knowlege of the real Hitler. /spoonfeeding

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

wessen wrote:The real disappointment is that the career change apparently prevented Hitler from inventing his signature moustache.
Yes, because Hitler was the first...

mamaloe

Post by mamaloe »

Burgh Guy wrote:
blivet wrote:I don't understand the point of this comic. The time traveler changes history so Hitler is now a nice old man who is her grandfather. OK. Why does she want to change that?
Because the time traveler is now the only person in the world who has knowledge of the atrocities committed by Hitler and the Third Reich. Every holiday, birthday, hug, etc. with Grandpa Hitler cannot be reconciled with the knowlege of the real Hitler. /spoonfeeding
But the 'real' Hitler does not exist in this time line. So even with that knowledge, the fact that the world is at peace should quite make up for it, no?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mamaloe wrote:
Burgh Guy wrote:
But the 'real' Hitler does not exist in this time line. So even with that knowledge, the fact that the world is at peace should quite make up for it, no?
I don't know that it would. I mean it would be some consolation, to be sure. I don't know if it would be enough to completely cancel the knowledge that a minor tweak in history would have made your grandfather into the genocidal maniac. I mean you'd be happy about the avoided holocaust, but it would still be something difficult to overcome.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Obviously you lot have never played red alert 1.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Do you mean Command & Conquer?
Microaggression? Microaggression!

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I mean command & conquer: red alert 1.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

2 was better.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I actually missed the first one altogether, and moved up to RA2.
That said, I didn't like it near as much as the original C&C. Then again, I didn't actually get into that one until the 'gold edition' where the graphics were upgraded to the level of the first Red Alert. In fact I haven't liked any flying troop (from this type of game) as much as I liked the Orcas in Command and Conquer.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I'm referring to when Einstein goes back in time to kill Hitler, then it turns out that left Stalin's power unchecked and he's taken over half of the world and is now at war with the Allies.
And also super sweet industrial metal.

none

Post by none »

I'm getting sick of these so elaborate half-assed jokes, which more often than not are not even jokes. I have to read a lot and I don't laugh at the end.

Where are the single panel misanthropist, misoginist, sexist, murderous, heretic, and immoral jokes from the good day?

Oh, in the archive....

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Better join the forum then.