November 20, 2013 -- Superman wins

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

valence

November 20, 2013 -- Superman wins

Post by valence »

In a stroke of genius and or shame, Superman wets the bed, simultaneously making staying in bed more uncomfortable than getting out while relieving his bladder. In a parallel twist, Aflred comes in and flushes master Wayne's toillet from him, causing him to jump excitedly out of the shower, thus foiling Luthor's plot.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: November 20, 2013 -- Superman wins

Post by smiley_cow »

Do I want to read the comic this comment is attached to? I'm thinking probably definitely not.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

valence

Post by valence »

NotImportant

Post by NotImportant »

Superman uses super speed to get snuggy. Uses lasers to bore a hole to urinate out of. Saves the world, stays cozy. 8)

dbbird

Post by dbbird »

Is anybody else wondering why Batman showers with his cowl on?

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

It's a standard characteristic of all supervillain plots to have a fundamental flaw to them.

I enjoyed it.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Dryditch

Post by Dryditch »

Or, Superman just uses his laser vision to blow up the thermostat and waits out Luthor's plan. Then,it's just a matter of Batman revealing that he was only using his Bat-Decoy to trick Luthor into thinking he was in the shower.

ItsaMe

Post by ItsaMe »

If the temperature reaches absolute zero wouldn't nuclear fusion not be possible or highly unlikely, therefore just resulting in a frozen superman?

CarpeDM

Post by CarpeDM »

Superman is powered by the sun, a fusion reaction, which he has flown inside off. It follows then that not only could his bladder contain the reaction, but his abilities would be enhanced to new levels.

This would, however, bring a new and horrible meaning to the phrase "it burns when I pee".

Well, Hey!

Post by Well, Hey! »

Absolute zero doesn't exist, if you're referring to the term of thermodynamics. However, if you're referring to an achievable absolute zero, which I assume Lex Luthor is, then no. It's that cold in space and the sun still works just fine.

ShieTar

Post by ShieTar »

Sure absolute zero exists, at least in laboratories. Go bother Wikipedia about Bose-Einstein condensates. And its not that cold in space. Most of space sits at a cozy 3K, and the spot of space where the sun happens to be is actually at above a million K.

As to the original question, no you probably can't trigger fusion within absolute zero temperature. The nuclear cores will only fuse if they meet, which shouldn't happen in any kind of solid, let alone a Bose-Einstein condensate.

But I think the whole point of the plot is that only the room temperature will hit 0K, while it stays cozy warm inside of the bed. Apparently Superman also has Super-Bedlinen.

ToThisDayTooLazyToRegister

Post by ToThisDayTooLazyToRegister »

ShieTar wrote:But I think the whole point of the plot is that only the room temperature will hit 0K, while it stays cozy warm inside of the bed. Apparently Superman also has Super-Bedlinen.
Super-Body Heat, maybe? All he really needs is a good blanket that will keep supes body heat in the bed area. It'd be sort of like why space suits have advanced heat dispersal and cooling systems, since your own body temperature can cook you if all that heat builds up. Superman probably feels like a space heater or something. :3

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

ShieTar wrote:Sure absolute zero exists, at least in laboratories. Go bother Wikipedia about Bose-Einstein condensates.
That still isn't absolute zero, just ridiculously close. But a few billionths of a degree is still not absolute zero. There is still a miniscule amount of thermal energy.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

IzaiahNolan

Post by IzaiahNolan »

If the temperature drops to absolute zero, wouldn't it be impossible or at least extremely unlikely for nuclear fusion to take place, leading to the creation of a frozen superman instead? wordle today

alicebobby

Post by alicebobby »

Believe me, you are amazing because you use only a few words to inspire others and that is an build now gg incredible talent.