[2013-Dec-03] The NSA

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ReasonablyDoubtful

[2013-Dec-03] The NSA

Post by ReasonablyDoubtful »

And now he's gone from soapboxing to just making complete nonsense in an attempt to soapbox.

Joy.
Time to piss off people with logic and facts!

I don't think you got it maybe you did I don't think you did

Re: [2013-Dec-03] The NSA

Post by I don't think you got it maybe you did I don't think you did »

It didn't strike me as nonsense. It's a cute subversion of the "knock knock" format. The NSA don't knock, they climb in through the bathroom window.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I also didn't find it terrible. Much more clever and much less soapbox-y than the limited number t-shirt I saw him pimp on Facebook a while back. I don't remember exactly what it said but it was essentially, "Would you like to give up your civil liberties? Y/Y" on a computer screen. Now that was soapbox-y.

ReasonablyDoubtful

Post by ReasonablyDoubtful »

So before 9/11 (oops, terrorism, because it totally wasn't one terrorist action that was by no means the first that caused the change), the NSA, FBI, etc would knock and then ask politely if they could please plant a listening device in your home or search your belongings and/or computer files? Admittedly, they do have to do that with a search warrent if you're there, but that's aside from the point.

The knocking wasn't what changed, just the scope of targets.

Also, for the record, saying that it's not as bad of a soapbox as some of the other stuff he's done isn't exactly an argument in its favor. It's still a soapbox and it still doesn't make sense.
Time to piss off people with logic and facts!