- At current precious metal prices, Abraham's price is somewhere between $6,500 for 9g silver shekels and $850,000 for 17g gold shekels. He could have done better.
- It was stupid to order exactly 50 sinless individuals from the Orient. Any damage in shipping, or they hit a bump and one yells "Oh, $#!T," and he's under quota.
- Even if they all arrive safely, 50 individuals aren't going to stay sinless for long in downtown Sodom. Abraham had better hope that God counts fast.
Blame Quintushalls for this.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:57 pm
Hilarious strip. Some thoughts:
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 pm
- This Intentionally Left Blank
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 pm
Not really. Abraham interceded on behalf of Sodom and Gomorrah after three angels visited him. God then reveals that he was going to destroy the cities for their wickedness. Abraham asked God to spare the cities if he could find 50 righteous people and does eventually barters God down to 10. God agrees to Abraham's request, so two of the angels go the cities to look for righteous people and are received by Abraham's nephew, Lot. Lot doesn't know they are angels until after a mob tries to batter his door down to get to the men and presumably rape them. The angels save Lot by blinding the mob and and tell Lot what is going on and that he should lam it with his family. With not even 10 righteous people to be had, God rains burning fire down. Wifey turns into a pillar of Nackle and later Lot's daughters get him drunk and have some incest fun so they can get knocked up and continue the family line.Efreeti wrote:I think you mixed up Abraham with Lot.
I'm still not sure why the old testament was considered okay for me to read as a child.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.