[2014-04-24] 20 minutes

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

foerno

[2014-04-24] 20 minutes

Post by foerno »

"then there's a huge burst of energy and before that... nothing"

so.. the burst of energy is the reader's laughter at the comic? ;p

also, one of few comics breaking the fourth wall in the actual panels (as in, not in the votey)? do you know any other examples?

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3337#comic

Tango

Re: [2014-04-24] 20 minutes

Post by Tango »

I don't see any fourth-wall interpretation at all. It's a sci-fi story, where they realize that the universe is about to end in a giant gamma ray blast, and they inadvertently caught a sneak preview.

Athei

Post by Athei »

That's the best one in... well, forever! I was reading SMBC for several years, I'm a huge fan, and this really the best. Well, top-10, at least - I'll be able to admit it in a week or two.

Post by Guest »

Seriously? I didn't even think it was good at all. It wasn't remotely funny (to me, anyway) and the originally presented idea was more interesting than the bland "twist."

Bard

Post by Bard »

Well, I did like it. There you go. The twist might have been predictable if it wasn't a fastfood-comic but a Hollywood "epic", but in the reading tempo of a few seconds, SMBC almost never fails to make me chuckle.

Queso2469

Post by Queso2469 »

It;s a very interesting reversal in the original premise though. It gets you thinking, wow, is such a fabricated as-is universe possible? You could have a very long debate on the subject, revolving around the ideas of entropy, creation, probability, anything you want really. It gets you thinking in this manner, ad then takes a very different, very dark twist. It's certainly unexpected.

No

Post by No »

Oh my god people are talking and agreeing with each other and being civil and DAMNIT KIMRA YOU HAD ONE JOB WHY DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

No wrote:Oh my god people are talking and agreeing with each other and being civil and DAMNIT KIMRA YOU HAD ONE JOB WHY DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN

SNAP!

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I will shut this forum down if people continue being civil!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

No wrote:Oh my god people are talking and agreeing with each other and being civil and DAMNIT KIMRA YOU HAD ONE JOB WHY DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN
You're right, I'm sorry.
King Prawn

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I hated this comic and I hate all of you
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:I hated this comic and I hate all of you
I really, truly appreciate the effort. It really shows you care. But I'm afraid it is too late.

foerno

Post by foerno »

Tango wrote:I don't see any fourth-wall interpretation at all. It's a sci-fi story, where they realize that the universe is about to end in a giant gamma ray blast, and they inadvertently caught a sneak preview.
clearly the "burst of energy" must be coming from us laughing at the comic, what else could it be? that's the 4th wall there.