[2014-05-16] The Sex Talk

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Quentin

[2014-05-16] The Sex Talk

Post by Quentin »

Why is Zach so obsessed with this topic? Do you think his parents gave him a particularly awkward sermon? Or perhaps he can't wait to talk to his kid about this, so he's playing the endless possibilities in his head?

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: [2014-05-16] The Sex Talk

Post by Sahan »

Life is full of mysteries, man.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Zifnab25

Post by Zifnab25 »

Too cheap to just buy your kid a subscription to Everquest?
(Or whatever you rapscallions are playing now)
(Also, seriously, get off my lawn)

Post by Guest »

Yeah, Everquest should be more effective. I know it's just a stupid joke, but considering the premise of the joke is he won't need birth control because women won't want to have sex with him, it's hard to overlook the glaring problem that it's actually women won't want to have sex with him more than once. So the father is relying on a birth control technique that can only work if he actually has sex at least once, possibly without birth control because this was the "birth control talk." Yes, it's overthinking it, but it's incredibly difficult not to think about it when the flaw is right there in your face. It actually does ruin the haha moment (if indeed there really were one). If it were far enough a leap that you actually had to even think about it for a bit to realize the problem it might not spoil the joke so much, but it's just THAT glaringly obvious.

Bard

Post by Bard »

Guest wrote:Yeah, Everquest should be more effective. I know it's just a stupid joke, but considering the premise of the joke is he won't need birth control because women won't want to have sex with him, it's hard to overlook the glaring problem that it's actually women won't want to have sex with him more than once. So the father is relying on a birth control technique that can only work if he actually has sex at least once, possibly without birth control because this was the "birth control talk." Yes, it's overthinking it, but it's incredibly difficult not to think about it when the flaw is right there in your face. It actually does ruin the haha moment (if indeed there really were one). If it were far enough a leap that you actually had to even think about it for a bit to realize the problem it might not spoil the joke so much, but it's just THAT glaringly obvious.
Well Guest, it could also have been right there in your face that a sexual encounter doesn't directly start with putting the penis in the vagina, in which case all the talking would stop the woman from letting the ecnounter get any further than some possible non-furtilizing foreplay. Which would lead me to conclude that the only thing spoiling the joke for you is flawed reasoning.

Bard

Post by Bard »

Also, in reply to self before another smartass does so, I don't know what an "ecnounter" is.

RidoKilos

Post by RidoKilos »

Bard wrote:Also, in reply to self before another smartass does so, I don't know what an "ecnounter" is.
What about "furtilizing" ?

Bard

Post by Bard »

RidoKilos wrote:
Bard wrote:Also, in reply to self before another smartass does so, I don't know what an "ecnounter" is.
That's also what a farmer does to/with his land, isn't it?

Post by Guest »

Bard wrote:
RidoKilos wrote:
"futile fertilizing"? :lol:

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Guest wrote:
Bard wrote:
RidoKilos wrote: What about "furtilizing" ?
"futile fertilizing"? :lol:
I think that's what a farmer does with his hand, actually.

Bard

Post by Bard »

That's also what a farmer does to/with his land, isn't it?[/quote]
"futile fertilizing"? :lol:[/quote]

I think that's what a farmer does with his hand, actually.[/quote]

While not as great a pun as yours, that's what a farmer sometimes does with his sheep, too.