[2014-06-04] Efficient market

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

:)

Re: [2014-06-04] Efficient market

Post by :) »

Surely you guest wrote:
:) wrote:I happen to think it's important to confront people with nasty attitudes. Is that so wrong?
You have a nasty attitude and should go soak your head.
Wow, a troll posts in the forum and gets defended on free speech grounds, while I try to point out this is a bad thing and get verbally abused. Thanks for vindicating my position.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Nobody's defending Quentin, he's a douchepastry. But that doesn't mean we're going to silence him.
Just like we're not silencing you.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Has anyone other than :) even mentioned free speech? I just assumed Quentin was left alone because no one cared.
Last edited by smiley_cow on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Or started posting under a different name.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

zactak9

Post by zactak9 »

Visit my Blog

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

No

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Clearly :) and Quentin is the same and Quentin / :) is a actually a masterful meta-troll
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, I was kinda hinting at that being the only real reason :) was trying to make an issue out of it.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

:)

Post by :) »

Actually I'm not Quentin, as I'm sure the moderators could confirm if they wanted to look at IP addresses of posters.

You can agree to disagree with my objections to letting trolls like Quentin have free reign without stooping to unfounded accusations that I'm really posting as both troll and victim. I'm sure you guys all know this and this is just a momentary lapse in your thinking.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

this whole conversations stupid as hell but i'll step in to say that this:
:) wrote:Actually I'm not Quentin, as I'm sure the moderators could confirm if they wanted to look at IP addresses of posters.
is almost certainly true as I checked it near the beginning to see if i had to stamp out a sockpuppet. if i had to try and tie it to an extant account as :) claims exists it would be discoveria as the dates roughly match and it registered with a domain in the same general region but i cannot be certain as they never posted with the account so i can't do an ip match

as for criticism re: inaction i find it silly as quentin is basically the same absurdity of uncle ruckus; a character so egregiously wrong that nothing more needs be said.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Except that you shouldn't trust dem new niggas over dere.

taijitu

Post by taijitu »

I thought the point of ruckus was more to be a reflection of the internalized self-hatred that a white supremacist society teaches to black people.

Unless we're talking post-macgruder ruckus, which I think is "haw haw look at that black guy being racist on black guys."

At any rate, can we accept Quentin as a reflection of the internalized homophobia taught to us by a heteronormative society? Only if Quentin himself were in some way queer, I'd argue. Otherwise he's just another faceless memeber of the heteronormative mob, regurgitating regressive ideas compulsively.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

taijitu wrote:I thought the point of ruckus was more to be a reflection of the internalized self-hatred that a white supremacist society teaches to black people.
right but the presentation as an open racist is an important part of discrediting the character or else you end up with chris rock's 'niggas vs. black people' bit which was co-opted by racists to excuse racist behaviour and opinion. plus with the self-evident wrongness of the uncle ruckus character you don't have to bother with a nuanced rebuttal; had ruckus' opinions been presented as at all reasonable-sounding then refutation becomes a necessity because of the aforementioned co-opting.

similarly, quentin presents as blatantly wrong on the point of homosexuality and miscegenation. we actually had someone roll through a few months earlier with a more 'reasonable' presentation of the same shit and we actually took the time to deconstruct it as the nonsense it was, but with quentin it is completely unnecessary.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lupk

Post by Lupk »

Guys, stop feeding the troll, Quentin's fat enough as it is.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah we definitely don't tolerate fat-shaming around here, buddy. Everything else is fine, but that just crosses the line. Grow up.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?