[2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderator: Kimra

[2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Quentin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:47 pm

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3408

Image

Yeah, yeah, we get it, genius. How cleverly subverted! I'm in awe.

Jesus Christ.
Quentin
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:57 pm

I love asteroids too. Fuck yeah!
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.
User avatar
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 am
Location: Paradise City?

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby smiley_cow » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Pfft, like Hollywood would ever pair a white woman with a black man.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.
User avatar
smiley_cow
polite but murderous
 
Posts: 6518
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:15 pm
Location: The vast and desolate prairies

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Sentient AI » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:07 am

WE SHALL NOT MIX THE RACES
Sentient AI
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Lupk » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:01 am

Hey, the comic was boring and all, but at least Zach didn't take 2 years and 150000 dollars to deliver it.
Lupk
 

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:56 am

Wow are nerds still bitter about this? Not only did it cost to much of money you didn't spend but takes too much time for her to release videos you don't like either? What are you even trying to say?
Guest
 

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:28 am

That she's unprofessional? I like it point it out because it's funny, but that's me.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.
User avatar
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 am
Location: Paradise City?

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Oldrac the Chitinous » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:42 pm

What do you know, she really was superfluous.

Image
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.
User avatar
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: The Perfect Stillness of the Deep

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Andy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Anita Sarkeesian is a bitch! There, I´ve said it. Did it make me feel better? No, not really. But she is a bitch. Not only a bitch, but a real c*nt too. I am sorry, but the worst descriptive words you can find on women would probably fit her perfectly. Perhaps with the exception of degrading words describing women of promiscuous nature. Anita Sarkeesian seems to be such a cold fish that I doubt that she enjoys any physical relation what so ever. Least of all with a man.
Andy
 

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Howard » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Listen, Zach can't possibly really be Anita Sarkeesian.

Because then the comic would be funny, like, at least once or twice.
Howard
 

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby DonRetrasado » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:45 am

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:What do you know, she really was superfluous.

Saddest SMBC Redux.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.

Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.
User avatar
DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 am
Location: ¡Canada!

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Aw Yeah » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:15 am

Andy wrote:Anita Sarkeesian is a bitch! There, I´ve said it. Did it make me feel better? No, not really. But she is a bitch. Not only a bitch, but a real c*nt too. I am sorry, but the worst descriptive words you can find on women would probably fit her perfectly. Perhaps with the exception of degrading words describing women of promiscuous nature. Anita Sarkeesian seems to be such a cold fish that I doubt that she enjoys any physical relation what so ever. Least of all with a man.


yeah, because she's doesn't seem sexually available an is also a woman, we can disregard her opinions and insult her personally!

Take that feminism!
Aw Yeah
 

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Lupk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:33 am

ya wn wrote:
Andy wrote:Anita Sarkeesian is a bitch! There, I´ve said it. Did it make me feel better? No, not really. But she is a bitch. Not only a bitch, but a real c*nt too. I am sorry, but the worst descriptive words you can find on women would probably fit her perfectly. Perhaps with the exception of degrading words describing women of promiscuous nature. Anita Sarkeesian seems to be such a cold fish that I doubt that she enjoys any physical relation what so ever. Least of all with a man.


yeah, because she's doesn't seem sexually available an is also a woman, we can disregard her opinions and insult her personally!

Take that feminism!

(Emphasis mine).

Actually, he is pretty much saying that since she (alledgedly) isn't sexually available, she should not have insults of such nature directed at her.
Also, the whole ideology of feminism isn't even mentioned by Andy, aside from the fact that Sarkeesian is a self-identified feminist and also, in Andy's words, "a bitch". Are you saying criticism towards a member of the group is to be expanded to the rest of the group? Are you saying all feminists share Sarkeesian's characteristics and mindset? Are you saying feminism encourages the behaviour Anita has been displaying in the internet (i.e. rant on youtube about videogames she clearly knows nothing about, fail to deliver on the promises she made to her fundraisers, etc)?

Because if you do any of the above, honestly, I'd think you mischaracterize feminism in a terrible light and would consider you pretty much an "anti-feminist".
Take that feminism, indeed.
Lupk
 

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Kimra » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:50 am

Lupk wrote:Actually, he is pretty much saying that since she (alledgedly) isn't sexually available, she should not have insults of such nature directed at her.
Also, the whole ideology of feminism isn't even mentioned by Andy, aside from the fact that Sarkeesian is a self-identified feminist and also, in Andy's words, "a bitch". Are you saying criticism towards a member of the group is to be expanded to the rest of the group? Are you saying all feminists share Sarkeesian's characteristics and mindset? Are you saying feminism encourages the behaviour Anita has been displaying in the internet (i.e. rant on youtube about videogames she clearly knows nothing about, fail to deliver on the promises she made to her fundraisers, etc)?

Because if you do any of the above, honestly, I'd think you mischaracterize feminism in a terrible light and would consider you pretty much an "anti-feminist".
Take that feminism, indeed.

Want to try that again in English? I'm pretty sure it wasn't English because it made no sense.
King Prawn
User avatar
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt
 
Posts: 6872
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am
Location: meanwhile elsewhere

Re: [2014-07-02] Zach Weiner is really Anita Sarkeesian

Postby Lupk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:18 am

Kimra wrote:Want to try that again in English? I'm pretty sure it wasn't English because it made no sense.

There are a few typos and I'm guessing a little bit of grammar abuse, but it should be perfectly understandable considering you probably see these abuses everyday. But fine.
TL;DR Anita is X does not imply feminism is X. And there is nothing there that says "Sarkeesian is being criticized based on her sex life/choices".
Lupk
 

Next

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests