[2014-08-01] Totally disgusting

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ReasonablyDoubtful

[2014-08-01] Totally disgusting

Post by ReasonablyDoubtful »

This post reminded me of this comic.
Time to piss off people with logic and facts!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: [2014-08-01] Totally disgusting

Post by Kimra »

I had to hunt out what bloody comic you were talking about. Links or it didn't happen from here on out people. Links or it didn't happen.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3438#comic
King Prawn

ReasonablyDoubtful

Kimra wrote:I had to hunt out what bloody comic you were talking about. Links or it didn't happen from here on out people. Links or it didn't happen.

If you had gone back a little over 30 comics (note that the comic number is in the URL), you would have either found it or been close. If you hadn't found it, the date of the newspost would have led you to how far off you were and in which direction.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ReasonablyDoubtful wrote:
Kimra wrote:I had to hunt out what bloody comic you were talking about. Links or it didn't happen from here on out people. Links or it didn't happen.

If you had gone back a little over 30 comics (note that the comic number is in the URL), you would have either found it or been close. If you hadn't found it, the date of the newspost would have led you to how far off you were and in which direction.
Or you could've just linked it. It was, after all, your post.

ReasonablyDoubtful

Lethal Interjection wrote:

Or you could've just linked it. It was, after all, your post.
Yes, but I'm saying that the effort he expended in trying to find it was unnecessarily large.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Yes, but I'm saying that the effort he expended in trying to find it was unnecessarily large.
How do you know? She was just complained about the fact that she had to spend time (there was no explanation of time or effort expended) finding it when you were too lazy to link it.

dangerkeith300

Post by dangerkeith300 »

If the comic you are bringing into discussion is only one or two days old, then I don't think there is need for a link. However, this comic was from almost 30 days past so a link would be nice from the original poster since hitting the 'prior comic' button 30 times or figuring out the comic number/URL from the date [2014-08-01] is waaaaay more time consuming than simply linking the URL in the first post to begin with. It's just a nice thing to do. I'm glad Kimra posted the link because I didn't have a clue which comic was being talked about either.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Nah it's a pain even if it's posted the day of 'cause a lot of people don't check the forum every day.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

NobodyAtAll

Re: [2014-08-01] - id=3438 - Totally disgusting

Post by NobodyAtAll »

To avoid that sort of things, perhaps it could be good to include the comics ID into the title, together with the date?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

NobodyAtAll wrote:To avoid that sort of things, perhaps it could be good to include the comics ID into the title, together with the date?
If this is sarcastic, as I assume, you should know that probably 1/4 (an optimistic estimate, I'd gather) of the posts in this section of the forum have their titles altered by whoever has mod capabilities here. A significant portion of folks don't bother following the formula.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Lethal Interjection wrote: A significant portion of folks don't bother following the formula.
It's always those no-good folks who ruin everything. I hate folks.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

ReasonablyDoubtful

I can't believe that the most active current topic in this forum is a debate on the format of comic posts.

No, wait. Yes, I can.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

It's the important things regulars actually care about.
King Prawn

Grest

Post by Grest »

"Some dried up old leaves, boiled in water, and mixed with the secretions of a venomous insect"

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR MOM
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...