[2016-4-15] Build an Ark

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

dangerkeith300

[2016-4-15] Build an Ark

Post by dangerkeith300 »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=4081

Is there something I'm missing with this Jesus comic? The 'build an ark' punchline must be going completely over my head because I don't get the joke at all.

Cogent Asparagus

Re: [2016-4-15] Build an Ark

Post by Cogent Asparagus »

"Is there something I'm missing with this Jesus comic? The 'build an ark' punchline must be going completely over my head because I don't get the joke at all"

It's God's equivalent of sweeping the dirt under the rug when he's messed things up (like forgetting to switch of the auto-resurrection app in the cave!); build an Ark, flood the entire planet and hey presto, all evidence of his cock-up disappears!

p.s. Of course this means that he'd be going back on his Word not to instigate another global flood, but there would be no-one left to point the finger, and anyway - he's god, so what's anyone gonna do about it?

hussam

Post by hussam »

dangerkeith300 wrote:http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=4081

Is there something I'm missing with this Jesus comic? The 'build an ark' punchline must be going completely over my head because I don't get the joke at all.
I thought it was pretty obvious. It was his fault too many Jesus'es spawned so he is going to just flood the earth to get rid of them and correct his mistake.

a1s

Post by a1s »

That makes more sense. I just assumed they would float on a sea of jesupodes.

Epithumia

Post by Epithumia »

Hi all. De-lurking for the first time.

At first, I thought God was going to drown all the Jesuses with a Flood. There's an obvious problem with that though, which I'm sure Zach would have spotted..

Jesus floats.

Jesus is noted for having exceptional floatation abilities.

So I now think that the Jesuses ARE the Flood, and the Ark is for floating on the sea of Jesuses.
This does assume, however, that an Ark is more buoyant than Jesus. I am uncertain that this is the case.

Epi