[2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderator: Kimra

[2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby tigerninjaman » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:24 am

Why does it seem that Zach is anti-college? Granted, this one isn't (if anything, it seems pro-college), but SMBC #2729 is very anti-college. Is he just jealous because he's not in college anymore or something?
(also, did anyone else notice that the dates below the comics go June 12, 12, 13, 15)
Expect disappointment and you won't be disappointed
User avatar
tigerninjaman
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:21 pm
Location: Location, location

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby DonRetrasado » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:42 am

Zach studied philosophy in college.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.

Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.
User avatar
DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 am
Location: ¡Canada!

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby already-registered » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Are you saying that by studying philosophy, that made him dislike college? I'm not sure what your point is, Don.
already-registered
 

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:09 pm

An education in philosophy tends to train a person to try to see the underlying reality behind the apparent form: the difference between what is commonly said and what is the case. This leads to what could be construed as hostility toward many things, but this apparent hostility is mitigated by the fact that it is shared by many other human institutions and practices, not just one in particular. Zach's apparent hatred for college is really just an irreverence toward human institutions in general gained by a sometimes deadly accurate, other times slightly silly or exaggerated analysis of how they function. These analyses are slanted towards being funny, so what looks like hatred is more likely for that reason alone.
Guest
 

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby DonRetrasado » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:29 am

Guest wrote:An education in philosophy tends to train a person to try to see the underlying reality behind the apparent form: the difference between what is commonly said and what is the case. This leads to what could be construed as hostility toward many things, but this apparent hostility is mitigated by the fact that it is shared by many other human institutions and practices, not just one in particular. Zach's apparent hatred for college is really just an irreverence toward human institutions in general gained by a sometimes deadly accurate, other times slightly silly or exaggerated analysis of how they function. These analyses are slanted towards being funny, so what looks like hatred is more likely for that reason alone.

dear lord
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.

Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.
User avatar
DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 am
Location: ¡Canada!

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby Kaharz » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:42 am

Philosophy isn't real science.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.
User avatar
Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby DonRetrasado » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:43 am

Much like sociology, or biology.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.

Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.
User avatar
DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 am
Location: ¡Canada!

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby Kit. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:02 am

Kaharz wrote:Philosophy isn't real science.

Not yet. But it is a vast collection of funny factoids on how human mind thinks it works. Could be useful for a human mind science to come.
Kit.
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:22 am

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby Lethal Interjection » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:24 am

Guest wrote:An education in philosophy tends to train a person to try to see the underlying reality behind the apparent form: the difference between what is commonly said and what is the case. This leads to what could be construed as hostility toward many things, but this apparent hostility is mitigated by the fact that it is shared by many other human institutions and practices, not just one in particular. Zach's apparent hatred for college is really just an irreverence toward human institutions in general gained by a sometimes deadly accurate, other times slightly silly or exaggerated analysis of how they function. These analyses are slanted towards being funny, so what looks like hatred is more likely for that reason alone.


Sounds like someone is trying to justify the philosophy degree they've chosen.
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8057
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: [2016-06-15] wherein Zach hates college

Postby tigerninjaman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:31 pm

I enjoy the fact that a guest user posted that, it makes me imagine that someone saw this and immediately had to reply - no time for registering or logging in
Expect disappointment and you won't be disappointed
User avatar
tigerninjaman
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:21 pm
Location: Location, location


Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests