[2017-02-07] Toward each other

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderator: Kimra

[2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Philomorph » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:06 pm

But... but... if they are running perfectly toward each other, won't they collide at an effective speed of 20 Mph, rendering each unconscious, and then, upon awakening, too embarrassed to do anything but get up and walk back home in opposite directions, never passing one another?
Philomorph
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby SoobNauce » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm having a hard time finding the original for this puzzle. Is it the one about the fly buzzing back and forth between two trains?
SoobNauce
 

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Galactic » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Yeah, it seemed to me that collision was the likely outcome here.

Also Ada Marie? Clearly the answer should be Seven.
Galactic
 

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Duncan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:04 am

Martin Gardner...
Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.

Wow, wikipedia says it's been almost 40 years since he retired. I'm gonna go crawl off in a corner and be very old right now.
Duncan
 

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Duncan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:07 am

Philomorph wrote:But... but... if they are running perfectly toward each other, won't they collide at an effective speed of 20 Mph, rendering each unconscious, and then, upon awakening, too embarrassed to do anything but get up and walk back home in opposite directions, never passing one another?

The question didn't say they were both Zax, unwilling to move a step to the East or a step to the West.
Duncan
 

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Galactic » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:15 am

Duncan wrote:
Philomorph wrote:But... but... if they are running perfectly toward each other, won't they collide at an effective speed of 20 Mph, rendering each unconscious, and then, upon awakening, too embarrassed to do anything but get up and walk back home in opposite directions, never passing one another?

The question didn't say they were both Zax, unwilling to move a step to the East or a step to the West.


But in the absence of information to the contrary we'll have to assume that they could be.
Galactic
 

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Aetre » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:03 am

If the one driver's Norwegian and the other's a drunk, they'll never collide. 'Cause Norse is Norse, and souse is souse, and never the trains shall meet.
Aetre
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:42 am

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Edminster » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Aetre wrote:If the one driver's Norwegian and the other's a drunk, they'll never collide. 'Cause Norse is Norse, and souse is souse, and never the trains shall meet.

i am livid
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
User avatar
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS
 
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Internet

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Aetre » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 am

Edminster wrote:
Aetre wrote:If the one driver's Norwegian and the other's a drunk, they'll never collide. 'Cause Norse is Norse, and souse is souse, and never the trains shall meet.

i am livid

*a few days later*

My apologies, good sir Ed. Perchance we put this behind us and get the discussion back on track?

*ducks and runs for cover*
Aetre
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:42 am

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Postby Edminster » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 am

okay wow

A) im a lady
B) looks like a happy person wearing sunglasses
C) i forgot what this was supposed to be because i was too focussed on the sunglasses
D) haha this one is a cyclops with rad shades :)
E) you're banned.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
User avatar
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS
 
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Internet


Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests