[2017-02-07] Toward each other

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Philomorph

[2017-02-07] Toward each other

Post by Philomorph »

But... but... if they are running perfectly toward each other, won't they collide at an effective speed of 20 Mph, rendering each unconscious, and then, upon awakening, too embarrassed to do anything but get up and walk back home in opposite directions, never passing one another?

SoobNauce

Re: [2017-02-07] Toward each other

Post by SoobNauce »

I'm having a hard time finding the original for this puzzle. Is it the one about the fly buzzing back and forth between two trains?

Galactic

Post by Galactic »

Yeah, it seemed to me that collision was the likely outcome here.

Also Ada Marie? Clearly the answer should be Seven.

Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Martin Gardner...
Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.

Wow, wikipedia says it's been almost 40 years since he retired. I'm gonna go crawl off in a corner and be very old right now.

Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Philomorph wrote:But... but... if they are running perfectly toward each other, won't they collide at an effective speed of 20 Mph, rendering each unconscious, and then, upon awakening, too embarrassed to do anything but get up and walk back home in opposite directions, never passing one another?
The question didn't say they were both Zax, unwilling to move a step to the East or a step to the West.

Galactic

Post by Galactic »

Duncan wrote:
Philomorph wrote:But... but... if they are running perfectly toward each other, won't they collide at an effective speed of 20 Mph, rendering each unconscious, and then, upon awakening, too embarrassed to do anything but get up and walk back home in opposite directions, never passing one another?
The question didn't say they were both Zax, unwilling to move a step to the East or a step to the West.
But in the absence of information to the contrary we'll have to assume that they could be.

Aetre

Post by Aetre »

If the one driver's Norwegian and the other's a drunk, they'll never collide. 'Cause Norse is Norse, and souse is souse, and never the trains shall meet.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Aetre wrote:If the one driver's Norwegian and the other's a drunk, they'll never collide. 'Cause Norse is Norse, and souse is souse, and never the trains shall meet.
i am livid
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Aetre

Post by Aetre »

Edminster wrote:
Aetre wrote:If the one driver's Norwegian and the other's a drunk, they'll never collide. 'Cause Norse is Norse, and souse is souse, and never the trains shall meet.
i am livid
*a few days later*

My apologies, good sir Ed. Perchance we put this behind us and get the discussion back on track?

*ducks and runs for cover*

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

okay wow

A) im a lady
B) looks like a happy person wearing sunglasses
C) i forgot what this was supposed to be because i was too focussed on the sunglasses
D) haha this one is a cyclops with rad shades :)
E) you're banned.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud