[2017-06-07] compatibilism

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Re: [2017-06-07] compatibilism

Post by Guest »

Obviously, this matters, because now I can't compare the bonus comic to ULG's "Those who walk away from Omelas", where it's a stupid child being tortured for the happiness of the society.

MeisterKleister

Post by MeisterKleister »

I think the issue stems from there being a traditional link between the metaphysical sort of libertarian free will and the political sort of practical free will recognized by law.

Just found a relevant clip by someone I admire:

Matt Dillahunty - Free Will - Compatibilism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmz5wW2l6yM

Guest wrote:Is there any way to get registered? I'm receiving neither approval nor disapproval messages from SMBC. Forum broken, or plain passive-aggressivity?
My guess is that it's broken.
Last edited by MeisterKleister on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men educated in [the critical habit of thought] … are slow to believe. They can hold things as possible or probable in all degrees, without certainty and without pain." -William Graham Sumner

My Goodreads bookshelf

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Guest wrote:Is there any way to get registered? I'm receiving neither approval nor disapproval messages from SMBC. Forum broken, or plain passive-aggressivity?
I think the username 'Guest' may have already been taken. Try a different one, like [BG☼B] Lluna_Starbaze5723

Ah, that one seems taken, too. Looks like you're shit outta luck.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

registration is working, i just approved a few new members that will probably never post and a couple of spambots who absolutely will
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud