[2019-09-13] Skeptical

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderator: Kimra

[2019-09-13] Skeptical

Postby NeatNit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:43 am

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/skeptical

Image

I don't get it... I feel like an important part of the joke was left out.
NeatNit
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: [2019-09-13] Skeptical

Postby AlixeTiir » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:08 pm

NeatNit wrote:I don't get it... I feel like an important part of the joke was left out.


I think she wants the child to be skeptical, and by linear extrapolation, if your kid becomes more skeptical because you lied to them about 1 myth, then they'll be an ultramegaskeptic if you lie to them about every myth.
User avatar
AlixeTiir
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:51 am

Re: [2019-09-13] Skeptical

Postby gnome » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:29 pm

AlixeTiir wrote:
NeatNit wrote:I don't get it... I feel like an important part of the joke was left out.


I think she wants the child to be skeptical, and by linear extrapolation, if your kid becomes more skeptical because you lied to them about 1 myth, then they'll be an ultramegaskeptic if you lie to them about every myth.



Is there an underlying paradox in this, or just several bad parenting choices, perpetuated by culture?
User avatar
gnome
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:41 pm
Location: central florida

Re: [2019-09-13] Skeptical

Postby gnome » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:44 pm

NeatNit wrote:https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/skeptical



I don't get it... I feel like an important part of the joke was left out.


Missing third panel dialog might be...."You say that like it's a bad thing"....
User avatar
gnome
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:41 pm
Location: central florida

Re: [2019-09-13] Skeptical

Postby NeatNit » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 am

Yeah, I get it now - skepticism is an important part of the scientific process. The mom wants her daughter to be smart. She sows the seeds of skepticism so that the girl will always be skeptical, always seek more knowledge just to confirm what she thinks she knows.

I like it! If anyone has any other good ideas for Lies For Kids, please let me know.
NeatNit
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: [2019-09-13] Skeptical

Postby RyanW » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:37 pm

NeatNit wrote:I like it! If anyone has any other good ideas for Lies For Kids, please let me know.

If you keep making that face, it'll get stuck that way.
If you swallow gum, it will stay in your stomach for seven years.
You can't swim for thirty minutes after eating (and the reason definitely isn't because I want you to help clean up).
Eating all your vegetables has some sort of positive effect for starving children in Africa.
Spot went to live on a farm.
RyanW
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 am


Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests