The Hundred Years War 1, Trial by Battle - Jonathon Sumption

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Husper

The Hundred Years War 1, Trial by Battle - Jonathon Sumption

Post by Husper »

I am currently reading this book of ultimate fun-ness, a thrilling 659 pages packed full of useless information no one ever wants to know! This book that is 600 odd pages, only covers the first 10 years of a 126 year conflict. I really don't reccomend any of you read this, unless you are doing a dissertation on the Hundred Years War, or have an exceptional amount of free time.

Err I am just bored and wanted to make a thread. I would hate to think of some of the books you guys who are studying or have studied a science degree may have had to read, I have never had the patience for anything to do with physics or chemisty, I completely flunked them at school.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

If you like historical fiction, Bernard Cornwell's The Archer's Tale and subsequent follow ups are a fun way to learn about the 100 years war. I would recommend them.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Husper

Post by Husper »

Ahh well sadly it was the Grail Quest series that inspired me to do my dissertation on this subject, thought for a moment there was a new one but with a little research it seems they just renamed the first book in the series, Harlequin, to The Archers Tale. I am a big fan of Bernard Cornwell and have most of his books, Grail Quest, Sharpe and the Starbuck Chronicles anyway!

Husper

Post by Husper »

Oh yeah, and the war really is not as interesting as it sounds in the novels!

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Husper wrote:I am a big fan of Bernard Cornwell and have most of his books, Grail Quest, Sharpe and the Starbuck Chronicles anyway!
don't forget the totally awesome Saxon Tales! Vikings ftw

Husper

Post by Husper »

Yeah my dad has those, been too busy 'studying' (drinking) the last few years to have read much recent fiction.