Chuck Palahniuk

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Re: Chuck Palahniuk

Post by Rainbow »

You miss the point, folks! The video is a humorous lampoon of German techno. This mockery is proof of God, just like how bananas fit into hands and penises fit into mouths.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I guess I did miss the point then.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Rainbow wrote:I think chicks are the same way with their boobs. Seriously, girls love talking about, exposing, displaying, and showing their tits. I do indulge.
Yeah, but whenever it's LR's time to grope everyone's like "no means no! I'll spray you with mace!" Women are such teases.
Rainbow wrote:You miss the point, folks! The video is a humorous lampoon of German techno. This mockery is proof of God, just like how bananas fit into hands and penises fit into mouths.
Woah... That's deep. Woah.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've been allowed to cop a feel here and there, and I can see why women/men love them so much. They feel splendid.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Yeah, they're all "LR I'm not going to let you get near me with that pipe wrench in your hand, especially since you keep saying that you're gonna knock out my teeth."

Women are such pigs.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

Tits are damned awesome. I've felt quite a few.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Let's all talk about our attraction to women!

LR, just let them know that the pipe is smaller than your penis, and that it would hurt less to smack them in the face with the pipe instead.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

AHMETxRock wrote:Let's all talk about our attraction to women!
There are a number of guys that I only talk to about hot girls. Is good times.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

AHMETxRock wrote:Let's all talk about our attraction to women!

LR, just let them know that the pipe is smaller than your penis, and that it would hurt less to smack them in the face with the pipe instead.
Actually you use the pipe wrench to knock out the front teeth, because then they can't bite down. I had a friend explain this to me one day because I couldn't figure out how prison rape would work.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

mountainmage wrote:I don't think words can make me throw up. Images, perhaps, but only if they're like extremely extremely disturbing.
The story is partially true. I don't think there has been any research on what people have done during their personal reading of Haunted, but Palahniuk has read a portion of it, called "Guts", a number of times during promotional tours, and according to Wikipedia, a total of 60 people have fainted over the total of the readings. Here is the relevant portion of the Haunted wiki.
The book is best known for the short story "Guts", which had been published previous to the book in the March 2004 issue of Playboy magazine as well as on Palahniuk's website (Palahniuk offered to let them publish another story along with it, but the publishers found the second work too disturbing). It is a tale of violent accidents involving masturbation where the reader is told "to hold his breath" in the very first line.

While on his 2003 tour to promote his novel Diary, Palahniuk read "Guts" to his audiences. It was reported that over 35 people fainted while listening to the readings. On his tour to promote Stranger Than Fiction: True Stories in the summer of 2004, he read the story to audiences again, bringing the total amount of fainters up to 53, and later up to 60, while on tour to promote the softcover edition of Diary. The last fainting occurred on May 28, 2007, in Victoria, British Columbia, Canadia, where 5 people fainted, one of which occurred when a man was trying to leave the auditorium, which resulting in him falling and hitting his head on the door. Palahniuk is apparently not bothered by these incidents, which have not stopped fans from reading "Guts" or his other works.

In a September 2004 reading of "Guts" at Cooper Union in New York City, no listener admitted to fainting. When Palahniuk showed surprise, many members of the audience replied, "This is New York!" in a nod to the alleged inability to shock the city's citizens.
I can't imagine me fainting or whathaveyou, but it has some rather disturbing visuals (I believe the "Guts" portion was made available online at some point, and I've read most of it). And with it being read aloud, and not having to focus on the words and reading, I can imagine it would be even more disturbing. Even with actually reading it, it deposits a mighty nasty image in your head, because he is very descriptive.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
mountainmage wrote:I don't think words can make me throw up. Images, perhaps, but only if they're like extremely extremely disturbing.
The story is partially true. I don't think there has been any research on what people have done during their personal reading of Haunted, but Palahniuk has read a portion of it, called "Guts", a number of times during promotional tours, and according to Wikipedia, a total of 60 people have fainted over the total of the readings.
I can easily believe that, but what I was saying is that it would have no effect on me.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

It's not very effective...

davoid

Post by davoid »

Raichu used Thunderbolt! It's Super-Effective!

In other news, I need to find a copy of Haunted. I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not I throw up.

EDIT: I've been calling "Haunted" by the wrong name, haven't I? It's not called "Ghost Stories" at all, is it? D'oh!
All the cool kids are reading http://www.hitmanpiranha.com and http://www.ss-comic.com!

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

Is it a good idea to read a shortbit of Haunted online, or should I wait to get the book? I hate to ruin the intensity of things by knowing parts before I read.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Rainbow wrote:Is it a good idea to read a shortbit of Haunted online, or should I wait to get the book? I hate to ruin the intensity of things by knowing parts before I read.
While I haven't read Haunted, it is a collection of short stories that are only loosely related, I believe. So, you wouldn't be terribly amiss by reading a part of it.