Gabriel García Márquez

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Gabriel García Márquez

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:
I have three of their albums, Bargainville is probably the best one though. Big Fish is a really good song, it's on the B album and it's about premiere Mike Harris. The other album I have is, I think, called "You will go to the moon" (I'm not home right now so I can't really go check), and except for the title track it actually sounds really different than all their other stuff, but it's good too if you ever come across it. About three years ago Moxy Fruvous was my favourite group, so it's actually weird that I haven't listened to anything by them in such a long while. I should remedy this. *goes to look for iPod*
I downloaded their whole discography last year, and I wasn't all that impressed with any of the other stuff. Granted I don't listen to music on my computer as often as I like anymore, and thus haven't given it that much of a chance.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: Gabriel García Márquez

Post by smiley_cow »

Lethal Interjection wrote: I downloaded their whole discography last year, and I wasn't all that impressed with any of the other stuff. Granted I don't listen to music on my computer as often as I like anymore, and thus haven't given it that much of a chance.
It could be though I wouldn't be surprised if it was just taste in music too. Like I said "You will go to the Moon" is very different than their other stuff, and I'll admit there are one or two songs on that I don't really like, and a couple of them I didn't like at first, though they've since grown on me. As for the B album, it's really topical and very left winged, though stylistically it's much more similar to Bargainville. I think they probably have other songs out there too I haven't heard, but at the moment I'm not really listening to them so it doesn't bother me all that much, but I can't really comment on them.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.