RPG Dice Server

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Re: RPG Dice Server

Post by wolf »

I know we always go off topic, its our nature here but I wanted to track this one. I mean there has to be a logical thought process right?

Page one: Questions about rolling for stats -> how are we doing character actions/talking
Page two: how are we doing character actions/talking -> excitement at starting the game/previous game experience -> lesbians
Page three: lesbians -> post based RP -> internet vs RL dispositions -> people look like their avatar
Page four: people vs avatar -> lesbians/vegans
Page five: vegan/vegetarian food practices/them being holier than thou -> other foods -> now

The flow actually makes sense...... Yes, I have too much time on my hands but its cold outside and I have a slight fear of leaving my house.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

Kangaroo is the king of meat, yet my retard government wont give benefits to anyone who farms them. Apparently wqasting countless dollars and SO MUCH water on sheep and cows is the way to go, despite kanga's being cheaper, tastier and native.

Crocodile is good, kinda gamey though. Fried testicles (yes, I had a LOT of trouble eating them) taste a lot like brain, same texture too
Last edited by diode_dirigible on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Bear is tasty. Especially cut into cubes and wrapped in bacon. For serious. I've not tried anything that tastes like brain, but I do have some awesome recipes for cow brain in my copy of The Joy of Cooking.

As to tracking how forum threads get slowly jacked and the fear of leaving your domicile, why not post a new thread devoted to it? I'm sure we can turn it into a discussion on the various merits of making your cats inured to water within three pages or so.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

wolf

Post by wolf »

Edminster wrote: As to tracking how forum threads get slowly jacked and the fear of leaving your domicile, why not post a new thread devoted to it? I'm sure we can turn it into a discussion on the various merits of making your cats inured to water within three pages or so.
Hmmm I could do that. But then again that would require me read pages and pages of crap and I don't have any booze in the house to make me drunk enough to do that. Well not yet at least. On a side note I did have to go outside and brave the winter storm. The power to my building was knocked out and apparently I need electricity to use my electric stove to cook food.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Asherian wrote:I ate kangroo once.. it was pretty tasty, but erm.. word.. tough? Chewy? Something like that. Big fan of snake too, stuff is just tasty.

My S/O is going on about how "Bear is frickin tasty". He's also got a list a mile long of weird meat he's eaten. Apparently roofrat(pigeon) is nasty, horse is pretty bad tasting, and chipmunks are edible. Apparently he's prepping for the zombie apocolypse by learning the tasty animals to try and live off of? I don't know, his family eats crazy things like cherduckin though too, why is beyond me.

Vege's I don't mind so long as they grokk they need a diverse diet to be getting all their nutrients. I've yet to meet a vegan who wasn't a self righteous ass though, apparently going the extra mile to refuse cheese breaks the brain. Just remember, by cutting meat out of your diet your making yourself tastier. Cannibals love you! So do zombies.

The important thing is the tangents are Awesome. Besides, what more could really have been said on this topic? Ohhh dice! yay!(?)

*Apparently deep fried sparrow on a stick is tasty, and reminds him of fable to much.
I've had friends who have tried squirrel and porcupine.

Personally I've had deer (sausage, steak, ground, roast, and pepperette), moose (roast, steak), caribou (steak), bear (ground), beaver (umm... closest to roast, I guess), rabbit (in a stew), and duck (instead of turkey at christmas, I recognize it isn't terribly rare, but none of my friends have tried it). None of them terribly strange (aside from beaver). Oh and lamb (again, not rare, but not common unless you are Mediterranean by heritage). And I think I've sampled emu, but I have no real recollection of it.
I'd love to beef up the list with some of the things you mentioned, but I'm not a hunter, so I doubt that my list will expand much (if my roomate gets further liscenses, I might end up adding some more wild birds, such as wild turkey or quail or sommat)

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

As long as we're on the topic of rare meats, who here is actually morally opposed to eating people? I know I'm not. I think that people should have the option of donating their bodies to culinary science.
Eat more fire.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Snazz wrote:As long as we're on the topic of rare meats, who here is actually morally opposed to eating people? I know I'm not. I think that people should have the option of donating their bodies to culinary science.

I would say that I am against it. I would not consume human flesh outside of extreme circumstance.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Snazz wrote:As long as we're on the topic of rare meats, who here is actually morally opposed to eating people? I know I'm not. I think that people should have the option of donating their bodies to culinary science.
Cows and humans have already developped and transmitted deseases by feeding off their own race.

That doesn't sound like a good idea to me, overall. That said, i'm not a biologist.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

As everyone knows, humans don't taste good. I think only in extreme circumstances is the way to go.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I just enjoyed a massive meat-fest with a barbeque just now, and as I was gorging down on the mass of food, it reminded me of this thread, and all the vegans and vegetarians hanging out in the forum. I guess I can understand your point, and I do feel kinda sick now that I've eaten so much meat, but even so, THERE WAS SO MUCH MEAT! So no real regrets here.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

wolf

Post by wolf »

Snazz wrote: who here is actually morally opposed to eating people?
:D

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

seconded. i have no issues eating someone. killing them to eat them would be an issue for me. Of course this brings up the question of how they died. If they died due to trauma or suffocation of some kind - hit in the head, froze to death, drown, etc. I'd be good. If they died of cancer or pneumonia or some other illness, no way i'm touching that.

The big issue with eating your own species is the internal organs and nervous system. kidneys, livers, pancreases, and brains i would not eat. Especially nervous tissue. that shit will destroy you (also, with us being so close to monkeys genetically, eating monkey brains is a terrible idea... just throwing that out there). Most cannibalistic societies that develop diseases from eating people get the problems from eating nervous tissue.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

ruotwocone wrote:Most cannibalistic societies that develop diseases from eating people get the problems from eating nervous tissue.
Kuru, a disorder that is related to CJD, which in turn is related to Mad Cow. This is the one thing that I learned from the X-Files. Episode was called 'Theef', and was part of season 7. Given the chance, I have no compunction against the devouring of human flesh. I'm given to understand that we taste similar to pork, in fact. Considering how tasty pigs are, if we taste similar we must be good eats.

Animals (of any kind) that died of disease or age are off-limits for me.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Edminster wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:Most cannibalistic societies that develop diseases from eating people get the problems from eating nervous tissue.
Kuru, a disorder that is related to CJD, which in turn is related to Mad Cow. This is the one thing that I learned from the X-Files. Episode was called 'Theef', and was part of season 7. Given the chance, I have no compunction against the devouring of human flesh. I'm given to understand that we taste similar to pork, in fact. Considering how tasty pigs are, if we taste similar we must be good eats.

Animals (of any kind) that died of disease or age are off-limits for me.
I agree with this post, except for the tasty pork thing.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:I'm given to understand that we taste similar to pork, in fact. Considering how tasty pigs are, if we taste similar we must be good eats.
Not terribly surprising. I mean, we often eat the same stuff. Pigs often get our throwaways. The boxed Krispy Kreme donuts that Walmart sells have at one point (I don't think they do anymore, at least not around here) been sold to pig farmers for food. Not until after their expiration date, naturally, but still.