Scott Pilgrim

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Re: Scott Pilgrim

Post by FengharTheNord »

I enjoyed it a lot and I could always use a little bit more creepy short jason swchwartzman in my life
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

It's coming to DVD on 9 November after debuting in theaters on 13 August and only grossing ~40 million dollars, less than half the cost of making it.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:It's coming to DVD on 9 November after debuting in theaters on 13 August and only grossing ~40 million dollars, less than half the cost of making it.
DVD is king, though. Especially for a movie like this.

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

shouldda been in 3d if they wanted the ca$h

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Pilgrim was great, but the fact it wasn't mainstream means that the studios aren't going to take this chance again.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

AHMETxRock wrote:Pilgrim was great, but the fact it wasn't mainstream means that the studios aren't going to take this chance again.
Don't count on it. Like I said, I think the DVD for this movie will at least make up budget. They might not go so all out on budget next time, but I wouldn't rule out further chances in this area.
I mean the first Hulk movie tanked, and they still pushed out another. And that's just the first example that comes to mind.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I mean the first Hulk movie tanked, and they still pushed out another. And that's just the first example that comes to mind.
Didn't that only happen because Ed Norton pretty much refused to take 'no' for an answer?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:I mean the first Hulk movie tanked, and they still pushed out another. And that's just the first example that comes to mind.
Didn't that only happen because Ed Norton pretty much refused to take 'no' for an answer?
I don't know how that would be possible, as he wasn't in the first one. They wouldn't go on the word of a star if he wasn't contractually obligated to get paid movie or not.

Also, I forgot to mention that I'd gather that Pilgrim hasn't yet undergone full international release yet, which is another huge payout.

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

I ain't seen it

wait that's because it's from a comic i hate all comic book films why can't they just do batman

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

sexii new pic john
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

thanks jesse

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

It is setting all the forum hearts aflutter.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Comrade_249

Post by Comrade_249 »

I think it sucks. though I have never seen it before in whole I saw the trailor and it just looks too ready for a select audience to fawn over it. As I read in a journal post once, 'SP is like the wet dreams of a 12 year old Smashfag set to a shitty indie soundtrack' or something like that.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Comrade_249 wrote:I think it sucks. though I have never seen it before in whole I saw the trailor and it just looks too ready for a select audience to fawn over it. As I read in a journal post once, 'SP is like the wet dreams of a 12 year old Smash(I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.) set to a shitty indie soundtrack' or something like that.
Well if it's in an anonymous journal post, it must be true. A piece of advice: if you're going to pass judgment on people who like a particular movie, you may want to actually have seen the movie you're talking about, you're opinion may actually carry weight that way.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I didn't like the trailer either, but heard good reviews of it, so I'm intrigued.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?