Minecraft

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Minecraft

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:So, I've barely been playing but decided to pick it up again this morning. Raided that base I found. Two chests and I got some bread, 4 gunpowders, 3 pails, and 1 redstone (and some other stuff, I think)! Pretty sweet. Especially since I'd been looking for some more iron to make pails, but had no real luck thusfar. Still not sure what I want to do with the base.
Mine all the mossy cobblestone for decoration, then turn it into a lucrative material harvesting operation.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how I want to do a setup for that. Also, see my edit!

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

fuck yeah gold! I haven't really found much of anything but then again i've been making a crazy huge office building rather than actually mining. Fenghar can vouch for how ridiculous my project is.

i'm not sure but i think the easiest way is to drown the monsters to get stuff. Definitely do not use lava though, because that destroys items.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:fuck yeah gold! I haven't really found much of anything but then again i've been making a crazy huge office building rather than actually mining. Fenghar can vouch for how ridiculous my project is.

i'm not sure but i think the easiest way is to drown the monsters to get stuff. Definitely do not use lava though, because that destroys items.
Yeah, the water deal is why I hadn't done it yet. It just seems difficult. However, I have no idea how far down I am and making a sun room seems like a miserable task too.

But I looked at a few of the water traps on YouTube and they seem doable.
FengharTheNord wrote:Unlimited water

[ ][ ]
[ ][ ]

Dig 2x2x1

fill

[x][ ]
[ ][x]

Those two corners with a bucket full of water

[x][x]
[x][x]

Should all be "still" water. Take a bucketful, watch it refill! Unlimited water. Essential for doing lots of water type operations when you are a ways away from the sea.
Does this work with lava too? I'd check but I don't want to waste my two buckets of lava.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Heads up, I'm too lazy to read everything I've missed so yeah.
I hate you davoid and Eddie so much right now for introducing this game to me. I will waste hours on this game, I WANT to waste hours on this game and I cannot. Current conditions makes this the ideal game for me and I can't play it. So go :][>:=~+: yourselves.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Spiders have been spawning in my fort. Goddamn! I put up a bunch more torches but I don't know if that will make a difference since it's already super-bright. Now I'm planting some trees and working on making a forest.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

A while back I set a tree on fire and it's now a huge floating torch. Awesome.
It helped me find my way home once before I made my compass.

I built a fence around a chicken and laughed because it couldn't escape, but then I felt bad, so I let it go.
Does anyone know what you do with eggs?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

DonRetrasado wrote:Spiders have been spawning in my fort. Goddamn! I put up a bunch more torches but I don't know if that will make a difference since it's already super-bright. Now I'm planting some trees and working on making a forest.
Space the torches evenly every six to eight squares or so (in every direction) and make sure you don't have any openings to the outside that are not closed off by glass windows or doors. If spider problems persist, move your fort to a less accursed place.
Kovvy wrote:Does anyone know what you do with eggs?
As far as anyone knows, they might be used to make omelettes in the future but are currently useless.
Lethal Interjection wrote:Does this work with lava too? I'd check but I don't want to waste my two buckets of lava.
According to the minecraft wiki, no.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Note to self: next time you experiment with fire, make sure you do it far away from the area you are experimenting with tree growth.

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:Note to self: next time you experiment with fire, make sure you do it far away from the area you are experimenting with tree growth.
Good point. That stuff spreads way faster and more effective than I would've expected. My tree growth area has some pretty big awesome trees pretty close together, which is basically in my secondary (well, second base, it has since become my primary) back yard.

I also made a dock in my basement, which is cool. Especially since there seems to be a great island nearby (quick exploration garnered me 20ish iron).

Too bad that eggs don't do anything, since I have probably 2 dozen.

Also, I'm not surprised about the lava deal. I have yet to see any standing lava.

There is no way to get out of your boat without destroying it?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Lethal Interjection wrote:There is no way to get out of your boat without destroying it?
Should be able to exit by just right-clicking, I think.

gödel stop spreading fud

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

Yeah, but make sure you slow it down enough that it doesn't crash on the shore after you exit.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Edminster wrote:Note to self: next time you experiment with fire, make sure you do it far away from the area you are experimenting with tree growth.
Yeah, I set the countryside on fire for fun with my flint and steel so I'm going to be careful depending on how far my forestry project goes.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

In doing some calculations, I have discovered that my standard floor section has a volume of 666 blocks.

Also, this is a thing.

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Edminster wrote:In doing some calculations, I have discovered that my standard floor section has a volume of 666 blocks.
That just makes the creepy parts of your tower even creepier
Edminster wrote:Also, this is a thing.
My halloween plans
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

Eek!